“Good meat terrible sides”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #4 of 365 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Crowded, crazy. Good meat -- ribs, sausage brisket. Sides are to die for -- literally. They are terrible. Tasteless.

2  Thank edoSyosset_NewYork

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Friends raved about this restaurant and apparently it is a famous Texas barbecue place so we had to try it out while we were in the area!

The food didn't blow my mind, but it was very good and lots of it. I was full for a week after. Their secret barbecue sauce is indeed tasty. The service was excellent and they kept bringing more bread & sauce. The servers were friendly & fast. The desserts were to die for. One review said they didn't have booze, but the restaurant did indeed serve alcohol. I thought the price was a little high, but the portions are quite large, especially the meat. My only complaint was the bread: it was cheap, white buns you probably buy at the grocery store. Wonderbread possibly? Didn't fit in with the rest of the quality of the meal. The sides were not my favourite, but I am not familiar with Texan food and perhaps this is typical potato salad/coleslaw.

We sat outside. The weather was gorgeous. Loved the decor and ambiance. It is so awesome they have a play structure for the kids to burn off energy while you are waiting for your food.

1  Thank Canfamily_9
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Locals raved about it, and I wasn't disappointed. Every BBQ was great. I highly suggest the family-style dish which gives you a bit of everything. Restaurant was a bit dark though.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Go and experience it! They offer a family style served meal that has 4 meats, baked beans, cole slaw, potato salad, bread, special pickles for under $20...all you can eat! They just bringing it until you tell them to stop! The place is huge and it was packed. Waiting for a table is even fun. There is a great outdoor area and it is family friendly b

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My son was telling us about the greatest place he had found to eat in his new city, Austin TX. The Salt Lick was in his opinion, the best food he had ever eaten. So, when my wife and I went to visit, we had to gave it a try. The family style meal we ate was delicious. You will not go home hungry and the staff will make you feel like you never want to leave. You will be back.