“It was not what we thought!!!”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #4 of 366 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was not we thought. People said all day that this spot was the greatest BBQ in round rock but I say otherwise. The meat was Okay, it was just the size was not worth the price we paid nor the sides. The sides needed more selection because the beans tasted store bought, the potato salad was dry, and cole slaw was just slaw, no sauce at all. The sauces were not bad but tasted like honey mustard. We only ate the meat, now searching for another place to eat... We know now that we can only eat the meat and that's it.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great dining experience...had a wonderful waitress. I ordered a ''mix'' plate (pulled pork and sausage), my husband ordered a "mix'' plate (brisket and ribs)--that way we could sample off of each others plates. The sides were a german style potato salad which was wonderful and coleslaw with a side of beans. Their signature sauce is not your typical BBQ sauce...done the way that I love it, on the side and not slathered all over the meat. The thing I liked least about our experience was the beans which were fine, but needed more flavor and of course, the price....which I could live with. BBQ is usually pretty pricey. For the two of us to eat with drinks, the total was around $30.00. Would I go back again....ABSOLUTELY! It was neat to see all of the sausage hanging and ribs and brisket stacked in a brick enclosure. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Upon arrival the place is very colon the outside and on the inside. We were sat at at a large table but it was very cold in the establishment. The waitress was all business and wasn't very helpful or welcoming. Later she plopped down some really good bread but no plates or napkins were provided. I had to agent some from the tray that was near our table.

The food was good. I got the ribs. They tasted real good but the ribs were kind of skinny. The beans were good as was the slaw.

All in all a little disappointing experience for the well know and talked about establishment. I'm not sure I'd return. I'm more apt to try some place else I haven't tried yet.

I hope I helped.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Open pit barbecue was excellent.. I got the chicken, daughter got the beef and son got the ribs. Son & daughter went again.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The food (BBQ) was the best I have had, the side dishes were not as great. Did not take reservations, had to wait for one half hour.