“A great place for BBQ”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #4 of 360 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Visited Salt Lick at lunchtime on Christmas Eve. Visiting family in Georgetown I had heard a lot about this place, so it had a lot to live up to! Service was good and we made a selection from the menu, and were soon eating into ribs, brisket, chicken, sausage and a good selection of sides. Everything was pronounced just great and we left full and satisfied. I now understand why people rave about this place, I will definitely recommend and would love to return.

There are newer reviews for Salt Lick BBQ

Reviewed December 24, 2012

and it was a considerable disappointment for both of us. We're native Texans and personally I consider myself an authority on BBQ, Tex-Mex, and kolaches.
Between the two of us we had brisket, pulled pork, ribs and sausage. Certainly not bad, but only average in quality. The sides really dragged things down. I'm certain that the beans came right out of a can; the potatoes were not mashed but neither were they in a salad. Bland little cubes of white potato. That's all. The coleslaw was shredded cabbage with a less-than-tasty dressing. They offer generous servings of pickle, onion and jalapeno on request. The jalapenos were good sized and crunchy. Not overly hot like some of them.
They offer senior plates for those over 60. Same as a child's plate. Five dollars cheaper than the regular plates. The sausage plates were the cheapest at $10 and beef brisket was at the upper end at $14. We had one regular plate and one seniors plate. The only difference was in the size of the meat portion.
Service was great. But it didn't help the place for us to overhear the bus girl complaining about customers being too slow in getting out of her way with her push cart. I don't think she was happy in her work.
My girlfriend said she would rate this a 4 out of 10. I would say 5. I'm giving them the benefit with a 3 out of 5.

1  Thank CaptAlStCroix_USVI
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding turkey BBQ when we were there for dinner. The child/senior plates were large. Sides were not great. Their potato salad is not to our liking. Between three of us we had brisket turkey ribs and sausage. Efficient service with a smile. Lots so parking and next to the dell diamond.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We've been to many BBQ places and still rate Salt Lick number one. We order meat by weight rather than a full meal and then sit outside and listen to music. BYOB. They have a winery now so you can go next door and grab a bottle of wine. They also have beer for purchase there. Our favorites are the ribs and brisket.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

BBQ in Texas is a bit different. The sauce is served separate and plenty of "fixings" on the side. Large portions. I am not a big beef fan, but this certainly is an example of Texas-type BBQ. Service OK, not real interested in you as a customer.