“OVERRATED!!!”
Review of Salt Lick BBQ

Salt Lick BBQ
Ranked #4 of 365 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I can't beleive how popular this place is. I've lived in Austin for 16 years, and I've eaten here about 10 times...hate it more each time I go. The meat is dry and tough, the sauces are bland, and they don't serve alcohol at the Dripping Springs location (not sure about Round Rock). However, it is BYOB and A lot of people do just that.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is probably the best BBQ in Texas, hands down. I had Franklin's and it was OK, I then went to Rudy's and thought it was better than Franklin's, then I went to Salt Lick and was like AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what Texas BBQ is all about. Super moist and flavorful BBQ. I wish I had gone here first, and then returned after all fail attempts.

8  Thank CentralCoastWine
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I loved the BBQ, the atmosphere and the dessert. I didn't like the sides, there weren't too many to choose from. I guess with all of the hype my husband and I received from a number of people I expected to be impressed. I also thought it was a little on the pricey side.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We visited the Round Rock location. What an interesting place. You can smell the BBQ from inside your car. We went for lunch and it wasn't too crowded. The staff was very friendly. If you are looking for a lavish restaurant, don't eat here. If you are looking for awesome Texas BBQ, this is your place. The inside is very rustic, but tastefully done. The decor and feel very much fit the restaurant. You sit at large slab, almost picnic-type table with bench seating. The BBQ sauce makes your mouth water just smelling it. We had chopped BBQ and a combo plate. Our taste buds were overjoyed. We also had peach and blackberry cobblers, which were both heavenly. Our waitress, Shaya, talked with us quite a bit about the area since we are thinking about moving to the Austin area. We very much appreciated her talking with us in between serving customers and giving us some great pointers.

This place absolutely lives up to the hype. We definitely plan on visiting again during our next Austin trip. I wish we had purchased some BBQ sauce to bring home while we were there. They have live music on the weekends, so plan on visiting next time in the evening.

1  Thank LKNnurse
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is an experience hard to put into words. Great BBQ, beautiful scenery & byob? Live music & FUN....we just love going here. Wish they had one in MS where we live! Te restaurant isn't lavish but the BBQ sauce I& fall of the bone ribs or the melt in your mouth brisket. Getting hungry just typing this!

1  Thank sudaniel