“Less than expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
“Less than expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am a fan of Marriott but this hotel disappointed me. It was updated to the new lobby decor but there were many things that truly disappointed me. We know that SXSW Music Festival was on, though we were not there for that, but the room cost was ridiculous for what it provided. The first room we had was terrible, the TV didn't work, the toilet didn't work and the Internet service would kick me off every few minutes and then I would have to sign-in again and again. We were moved when we complained. The second room was better but the Internet service was the same. I had to go down to the lobby to answer my emails and do online research. The beds seemed to be shorted sheeted. The sheets a blankets only cam up to the middle of my chest and when we pulled them out on the bottom to cover ourselves our feet would stick out. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to the new Holiday Inn Express just behind the Courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Bob B
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Bob B,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We are always trying to improve on our service and looking for areas to improve, and your feedback is very important to that process.

I will be looking into the issue that you had with your sheets. I will let you know that we have upgraded our internet bandwidth recently, which should improve any issues that you had with the internet if you decide to stay again. Problems with televisions and toilets are rare, but do occur from time to time and usually resolved quickly with a call to the front desk.

I can certainly understand your frustration during your stay with us. We would like the opportunity to earn your business and show you that we can do better on your next trip to Round Rock. If you are traveling through the area again, please email me at brent.hageman@marriott.com. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again!

Brent Hageman
AGM Courtyard Round Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We found everything fully adequate at this hotel. It is in an good location, adjacent to I-35. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance, which can be a good thing for those who do not want to get back into a car and fight the traffic on the interstate. The room was fine, and the staff were professional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear WestTexastraveller,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I will pass on the kinds words that you wrote about our staff. It is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you on your next trip through Round Rock, Texas!

Brent Hageman
AGM Courtyard Round Rock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The day before my checkout I arrived back at my room to find all of my belongings missing. I immediately called the front desk freaking out. They proceeded to tell me that I had extended my stay and that they had no rooms available. Aka; kicking me out. I told them I had reservations through the next day. The manager argued with me saying no you don't. I hung up the phone walked to the front desk with my confirmation number and departing date. Reluctantly she said I could stay but she never apologized and never admitted that she was wrong. Personally, I think CYM overbooked the rooms that night to accommodate schools that were there participating in the state high school basketball championship. I was in a room with double beds. I think managements thinking was that it was easier to kick me out than argue with some basketball coach. I am just thankful I had my confirmation number or they would have definitely kicked me out.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Cowboys112
Dear Cowboys 112,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Feedback like yours is very important to our efforts to continually improve our service to our guests.

I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience with our hotel. What you experienced should not have happened. We have taken steps to ensure that our future guests do not have the same thing happen during their stay.

Please email me at brent.hageman@marriott.com if you are in the Round Rock area again. We would love another chance to earn your business. Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I was scheduled to stay four nights and checked out after one night because the beds were so hard I could not sleep. The room was in need of a remodel also. The room looked like it had not been updated in 10 years. I would not stay here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chadmness
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our room was spacious & clean when arrived. The hotel was helpful with any questions we had. Our friends however, their room hadn't been cleaned upon checking in. Also, a hold was put on their debit card for incidentals (but this happens if you use a debit card). The BREAKFAST was what made this hotel worth the stay. Great selection for a small free breakfast!

Room Tip: nothing specific
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Despite a recently remodeled lobby this property is tired and I'd suggest looking at alternatives in the area. The rooms are small with bathrooms the size of a VW beetle and the beds are as tired as you are after a day of selling to you clients. The only saving grace arethe front desk staff that are professional and courteous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BostonTraveler99
Angie G, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Boston Traveler99,

Thank you so much for writing us a review. We do appreciate each and everyone. We did just complete a brand new lobby renovation which offers: the Bistro, full bar, and a starbucks. I do hope you had the opportunity to enjoy one of them.

I am sorry you felt our rooms were tired. I do hope that you found them clean and relaxing. We do certainly appreciate your comment acknowleding the service our staff gives.

Angie Gollihare
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

As a frequent business traveler, I found the Courtyard in Round Rock to be not only an Excellent value, but also a most pleasant experience. The Front Desk Staff was extremely friendly and professional, and got my stay off to an outstanding beginning. The room was clean and comfortable, and I experienced excellent service in the Bistro during my visit. I would totally recommend this property, and fully intend to stay again during my next business trip to the Round Rock area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob M
Angie G, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Bob M,

Thank you so much for your review. You are truly one of our "Most Treasured" guests. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ever improve your stay.

Angie Gollihare