“Could have been better.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Round Rock North
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We were there for (2 days) a soccer tournament. Thumbs Ups to the Front Desk Mgr. who was very helpful and went out of her way for a problem that arose when I was in need of a fax. The eating area as well as breakfast was not what I had expected. The pillows were very flat and uncomfortable.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank joeybarber

Reviewed March 25, 2008

I used a free points night to stay here while my kids were playing in a tennis tournament in nearby Cedar Park.

I reserved my room about a month before the tournament, my kids team reserved their rooms the week of the tournament. When I checked in, I was told there were "no rooms on the bottom floor available when you made your reservations". I told the front desk person I knew this was not true because my group had just made reservations that week and had about 8 rooms on the bottom floor. He wasn't able to give me any answer.....While I didn't mind being on a different floor, the part that irritated me was that I was lied to.

The beds were comfy, the bathrooms were big, the tub was amazing. Plenty of room to relax in! There were only 2 of us in the room, so there were plenty of towels.

They did have high speed internet in the room, but it wasn't wireless. You had to have an ethernet cable to hook up to it, and of course the cable was missing from my room. I called the front desk and they ran one up to me within 3 minutes.

When it came time to check out, the hotel was having water issues. On the second floor, some of the guests were reporting water coming out of the fixtures and it was all over the carpet. Guests on the first floor were reporting it coming down off their ceilings. Guests in the lobby having breakfast were joking about "how was your swim this morning?" and having to swim to each others rooms. I was thanking my lucky stars it was on the other end of the building from where I was!

My room, along with the group I was with, all had rooms on the back side. This wasn't an issue if you were with a group, but there were a few times I was walking by myself to or from my car and felt a little concerned about my surroundings. There were several cable TV installers also staying at the hotel, and I just didn't feel 100% comfortable with them hanging out in the parking lot.

There is an elevator in the hotel, and back entrances are locked 24 hours and you have to use your room key for admittance.

Hotel is right on I 35, easy access with an IHOP right next door.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rottendog
Reviewed March 19, 2008

This is an average La Quinta. Parking can be a bit dangerous sometimes there are rough characters around. The tub is terrific! It's huge. The hotel for it's age is very clean. The lady that fixes breakfest is such a sweet grandmotherly type. I was late one morning and she waited and fix a waffle for me. I come back to this hotel just because of her even thought there is a nice, new La Quinta just down the road.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2008

This is one of two La Quinta properties in Round Rock. The other one (Round Rock South) is much newer and in better condition and is the one to choose if you have a choice. This one (round Rock North) has a nice enough design with a small pool and jacuzzi and a weight room with Sauna ( the Sauna was inoperative and full of dirt) Unfortunately the management ahs allowed it to become dirty and threadbare. The first room I was given was water damaged with active leaks from the room above and a strong smell of mildew. I was relocated to another room which was more or less adequate. For some reason the housekeeping staff was on a work slow down. My room was skipped two of the four days I stayed and on the other two they did not arrive until 5pm in the afternoon even though the room had been available to clean since 9 in the morning. The La Quinta package with breakfast and free Internet is normally an attractive one and a good value. This property however is disheveled,dirty, and not ready for prime time, something management and staff seem completely indifferent to. The la Quinta two exits down I 35 is about 10 bucks a night more costly but well worth it.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank MizunguhowRU?
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Stayed here with a group for a sports tournament. The hotel was packed for Labor Day Weekend, but the pool was closed for maintenance... big disappointment for the younger kids in our group. Also, it is a pet-friendly hotel, which I was not aware, and our room did smell like a wet dog... not the clean-hotel aroma we hoped for, but the room appeared to be clean. The location was very convenient to I-35, many restaurants nearby. Free breakfast was OK... average for hotel price-range. OK stay, but personally would chose a "no pets/ no smoking" hotel chain for my next stay... but this may suit your needs if you travel with pets.

• Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed October 8, 2007

It is a good thing for state rates. If I had paid full price for this hotel, I might have been a little disappointed. I certainly dont think this hotel was bad. It was clean, with a good selection of breakfast items. The hotel is a little older and the bathroom was showing some age. ONE GOOD THING: THE BATHTUB! It was huge: big enough to swim in. The only thing missing were jets to make it a jacuzzi tub!

Check in and out were simple. The bed was comfy...the room was spacious. Location was exactly were we needed to be! Elevator was way too slow and smelled really really bad. Did not have the occasion to check out the pool area.

All and all a good stay, but I would not have paid 115.00 to stay in this property.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2007

keys difficult to use in hallways and door to room
shower head fell off
breakfast was listed in Travelocity's details
no hint of any food, although they had a waffle iron set out

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple