“Nice hotel”

Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Hamilton TX
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed here and both visits were very nice. This last time I had made a reservation with the la Quinta south. It was way too hard to get to so I came back to this one. the young lady at the desk cancelled my reservation at the other la Quinta and quickly found us a nice room here. Great friendly service at a super rate!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I were expecting a nice quiet stay to visit my son, his wife and my granddaughter.
There are dogs everywhere. The hotel guidelines in the room say guest can have a small pet.

I heard barking lst night at 10pm from across the hall. A woman is walking three poodles. Two women checked in with big dogs, like labs.

The hotel smells and the tile floors are dirty. The carpets are dirty.
Don't stay here if you expect clean and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack B
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've stayed here several times previously so we knew basically what to expect. However, we had a couple "inconveniences" that caused us to reconsider staying here again. The bathroom was the issue. The toilet wouldn't flush without repeated attempts (5 or 6 per use). The bathroom door had some funk on it from top to bottom, and then we woke up to ants all over the vanity. The second floor hallway did not have much air movement so the hallway spelled stale.

The staff was very friendly, the beds are comfortable, and the free breakfast is a real plus. Oddly enough the TV setup was one of the best we experienced; each channel was accurately labeled and the menu match up. It's still a decent place to stay for the budget minded.

Room Tip: We have had the best luck staying on the first floor, less on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

When I called to make reservations I talk to the front desk instead of the 800#. At that time they assured me that I would NIT have a smoking room and my request for a non-smoking would not be a problem. When I get there of course the only room they have is a smoking and the closes availability is 15 miles away. Really?? Never staying at La Quinta again!!

• Stayed July 2013
Shiner,Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Requested non smoking... Given a smoking room. The entire 3rd floor smelled like smoke.. Awful... Checked out and had to find another hotel at 12:00 am !! The hotel really needs to consider making this a non smoking hotel. Either that or improve their ventilation system.

• Stayed June 2013