La Quinta Inn & Suites Round Rock North
$122
$114
$85
Best Western Executive Inn(Round Rock)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Pool
$134
$130
TripAdvisor
All reviewsla quintashuge tubboiled eggsan older propertyroom was cleanthe breakfast areastaff was very friendlyihoptubspetsaustincarolynfreeway
FilterAll languages
A La Quinta traveler
San Juan, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 24, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We were moving from Round Rock to TN and picked this LQ since it was pet friendly and we needed a place for our cat to stay for the 4 days it took to pack & load our belongings. We had reservations for the nights of Jan 10-13. On the LQ website it says this has recently been remodeled - I can only hope that is true as it was probably the worst hotel I've stayed in in over 20 years. I honestly thought that once I had time to complete our move that I may be less critical of this hotel, but my memories of it still do not sit well with me.

The room was dirty and the bathroom filthy; if it wasn't for made beds and folded towels, I would have assumed it had not been cleaned. Hairs were in the sink, on the vanity, in the tub, and around the base of the toilet. Dried urine could plainly be seen down the bowl of the toilet. Disgusting... I went through the entire packet of Lysol wipes cleaning the bathroom. Pieces of trash (bottle tops and paper) were under the bed, hidden by the dust ruffle. A lot of dust and grime on the window sill, lampshades, around the baseboards, etc. The rooms decor was woefully out of date and past the time it needed to be replaced. The bedcover was stained and worn; the sheets, while clean, were old and threadbare. The mattresses were old, uncomfortable, and stained.

If we would have had the time (and energy), I would have packed up and found another hotel. Instead my husband said he'd stay at the hotel...said he had worse while camping...while I went and stayed with friends.

Our room was on the first floor. Walking into the hall - it reeked of smoke. Seems a non-smoking room doesn't mean a non-smoking floor. The hall was not well lite and was also needing new paint and new carpet. I can't speak to the breakfasts as I never ate there and my husband and I would have breakfast together after he picked me up.

The grassy area, somewhat of a courtyard between the hotel wings, was overgrown. From what I saw it seemed that it was mainly used as an area to walk your dog.

The area around the hotel is safe and there are a number of places to eat close by. However, unless there has been a complete update...maybe even a gut...I would never recommend this hotel. I can only hope the reviews of those staying after our early January visit are accurate as this hotel, at the time of our stay, was not a deal at any price.

Room Tip: Check the room to see if it is clean before you unpack anything.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SharoninOK
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stay in this La Quinta Inn and did not realize that it was not smoke free.. We were put on 3 rd floor which we were later told that is the floor where they have 3-4 rms that are for smokers.. We booked our room months ago.. Why there was not a warning I don't know.. The hall smelled like smoke and our room smelled like smoke our clothes smelled like smoke.. I will never stay there again.. They said if you like we can come and clean your room but that would not help as the people staying in the other rooms just keep on smoking... UGh.. Also the place has not been updated for a while.. The spa and pool were concrete and not maintaned well.. The treadmill did not work. The tub was huge and old difficult to get in and out of.. There were lots of other options so we were sorry we chose this one..Doesn't La Quinta know that second hand smoke is a health issue and that this could be a legal issue if they don't let people know their companies policy regard smoking.

Room Tip: No smoking , Clean and fresh looking .. Needs to keep updating so they look nice.. Let people know that you allow smoking if you do and let them know where that is . Never put nonsmokers on same floor with smokers this is a health issue..
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pat M
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stay at this hotel every time we pass through Austin! The staff are all excellent! They are friendly and helpful! The beds are the best I've ever experienced! I rate this mid-range hotel right up there with the higher priced places I've stayed in! The breakfasts are always exceptional. It's always clean and the rooms are spacious not to mention quiet! It is by far one of my favorite hotels in Texas.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This room was simply OK. The room was decorated very sparsely. There is a basic desk and chair, a recliner, dresser, bed and TV. The tub was large, but stained. I would not have bathed in it. Other than that, bathroom was nice. The breakfast in the morning left alot to be desired. Not much to offer. Simply continental basic.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business