“Nice & neat place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Round Rock

Motel 6 Round Rock
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Austin, Texas
“Nice & neat place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nick & his staff were very professional. They assured me I would be taken care of. My stay for 2 nights was safe & sound. And price was right for the location.
The hotel was clean & fresh. Also new beds and coffee makers just like home. If you want to get a good nights sleep stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank rioralph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Love staying here when in town on business! Central location makes it easy to do a bit of shopping with the outlet mall to the north, and the chain stores to the south. Local restaurants within walking distance. Exceptionally clean rooms! No filthy carpet either! Modern, functional furnishings, with a mini-fridge and microwave too. Staff are professional yet friendly and courteous. Very accommodating as well. One of the best priced motels in the area with great access onto and off of I35. Definitely my place of choice when coming to town!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Kat S
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the lowest prices motels in the area and from that perspective I can't complain. A few basic things such as no coffee maker, not the cleanest swimming pool, a couple of men drinking at the car under the window,etc bothered a bit but, again, this was one of the lowest priced motels.
The room was pretty clean although finding the bedsheets upside down makes me wonder if they washed them or just turned them over. Since everything else seemed clean I'll just assume that the housekeeper was in a hurry.
No breakfast ( coffee was available though).
Overall really a decent stay and I'd probably stay again when in the area and on a budget.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank dracones
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Although this is an older property, it has all been renovated, and every part of the place was very clean including the pool. We have stayed at expensive hotels that weren't as pleasant as this place. There aren't drawers to put your clothes away, but there are shelves and we used the chairs as luggage stands. Every single person with whom we interacted was pleasant and helpful. Last year when we stayed in a "luxury" hotel in Toronto, I got bedbug bites and many areas were not kept up... were rundown and dirty. I would rather stay at an inexpensive motel that gets 5-star ratings in the reviews, than at a high level hotel that gets 2-star ratings in reviews. It was also great to have a refrigerator and microwave so that we could bring home our leftovers from fancy restaurant dinners and eat them for lunch the next day. Every single item in the room WORKED, which is more than I can say for our rental car :) I would have given all 5-stars but the mattress was a bit hard for me. However, I'm sure that people who need a firm mattress will appreciate that.

Room Tip: We liked being on the upper floor, overlooking the pool, and felt very safe up there. Even when peop...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Barbara H
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Nick & his staff are very nice & professional. They made me feel like I was the most important person at the hotel. The north side is the best it has a view of the pool. When ever I stay there I always get the best service in the morning & and before I check out they make sure my stay was good. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Any room is a great room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ralph r
Bonner Springs, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This Motel 6 is in a good location and lots of available and convenient parking. The management of this inn has been very accommodating when trying to check-in early or checking out late based on our arrival and departure times. Rooms are clean and have been renovated recently. A very nice place to stay and a friendly staff. Would recommend this inn to others who need a convenient and reasonably priced place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Larry S
Taylor, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at Motel 6 Round Rock a few weeks ago and was not pleased with my experience. Upon check-in, the attendant just stood there staring at me as I approached the desk. No greeting, no friendly chat, nothing. I thought this rude and after a few seconds, spoke first to tell him I needed a room and asked if any were available.

He got me checked in a room, (for a price I found astonishingly high), around back near an ally or vacant parking lot or something similar, and as another reviewer commented, I noticed quite a few people just slowly wandering around and milling about that area checking things out (unaffiliated with the motel). It made me a little wary.

So I got in my room and it was clean for the most part, basic, but noticeable little things that needed repair. The TV remote was broken, the bottom inside of the mini-fridge was flooded with standing water, and worst of all, when I turned my bed covers back there was a long black hair on the sheet. (YUCK!). I immediately called and told the desk about that, and they did come and change the one sheet, but I had to tell them I wanted ALL the bed linens changed before they would do it. I mentioned the other items but never heard back from anyone.

To top the stay off, the thing that irritated me the most was that after I checked out the next morning, on time, I had a couple of calls I needed to make before leaving the parking lot. I was on my phone 15 minutes max. I needed to use the restroom before I left and since I had just checked out I couldn't go back into my room. So I walked into the lobby and asked this same guy who checked me in that, of course I had just checked out and if I could use his restroom in the lobby, but behind the desk. He just coldly looked at me and said, "NO."

Needless to say, I do not recommend the Motel 6 in Round Rock and I certainly will not be giving them my business again.

I hope this helps some of you. The up side though is there are many other great, reasonably priced places to stay in Round Rock that are probably more well maintained, with good service and a friendly staff.

Cheers and Happy Traveling! :-)

RLE

Room Tip: If you do stay here, request a room on the East side (Facing the Interstate). The West side is adjac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo