“Overpriced - Bad Service”
Review of Motel 6 Round Rock

Motel 6 Round Rock
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at Motel 6 Round Rock a few weeks ago and was not pleased with my experience. Upon check-in, the attendant just stood there staring at me as I approached the desk. No greeting, no friendly chat, nothing. I thought this rude and after a few seconds, spoke first to tell him I needed a room and asked if any were available.

He got me checked in a room, (for a price I found astonishingly high), around back near an ally or vacant parking lot or something similar, and as another reviewer commented, I noticed quite a few people just slowly wandering around and milling about that area checking things out (unaffiliated with the motel). It made me a little wary.

So I got in my room and it was clean for the most part, basic, but noticeable little things that needed repair. The TV remote was broken, the bottom inside of the mini-fridge was flooded with standing water, and worst of all, when I turned my bed covers back there was a long black hair on the sheet. (YUCK!). I immediately called and told the desk about that, and they did come and change the one sheet, but I had to tell them I wanted ALL the bed linens changed before they would do it. I mentioned the other items but never heard back from anyone.

To top the stay off, the thing that irritated me the most was that after I checked out the next morning, on time, I had a couple of calls I needed to make before leaving the parking lot. I was on my phone 15 minutes max. I needed to use the restroom before I left and since I had just checked out I couldn't go back into my room. So I walked into the lobby and asked this same guy who checked me in that, of course I had just checked out and if I could use his restroom in the lobby, but behind the desk. He just coldly looked at me and said, "NO."

Needless to say, I do not recommend the Motel 6 in Round Rock and I certainly will not be giving them my business again.

I hope this helps some of you. The up side though is there are many other great, reasonably priced places to stay in Round Rock that are probably more well maintained, with good service and a friendly staff.

Cheers and Happy Traveling! :-)

RLE

Room Tip: If you do stay here, request a room on the East side (Facing the Interstate). The West side is adjac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Rooster555
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Round Rock

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Have been staying at Motel 6 in Round Rock on fairly regular basis since last year. Staff is always pleasant and helpful. The rooms were recently remodeled and everything is clean and cheery. Each room has a microwave and refrigerator which is nice when staying overnight. Places to eat are close as well (walking or driving). Always have a good experience when staying with them.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chrisconner
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here as it was the only place left as the Austin Grand Prix was on. As a result we paid an extortionate fee for the room - easiest the most expensive of all of our trip ... And it was only a basic motel.

Grates on me when people are taken advantage of.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank drchunder
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have stayed at this motel 6 every week for work for last few months, and it is a great place. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, rooms remodeled. Never an issue with this place. Every room has a microwave and fridge which comes in handy. Be back again on Monday.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night for a basketball tournament. Too many people were walking around. That made us very nervous. The light in our bathroom was dim as well. It costs $2.00 to wash & $2.00 to dry. We've stayed in fancier hotels and it wasn't that much to wash & dry clothes. I would only recommend this hotel as a last resort.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ballislife247
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Staff is nice, owners are very nice, I come here all the time. Never problems, always quiet even when full, clean roo.s, good price. Overall very happy it's convenient to most things, Austin is just down the highway, outlet mall to the north a little, basic shopping all around, great restraunts all around

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank clover3333
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Nice two day stay. Rooms appear to be newly remodeled and very clean. The staff (housekeeping and front desk) was very professional and helpful. Large flat screen TV with a great selection of channels. Great restaurants very close by. Will stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business