“Poor Accomodations”

Residence Inn Austin Round Rock
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We booked a room at subject hotel (2505 S Interstate Highway 35, Roundrock, Texas) for 3 nights. When we arrived we were directed to a 1 bedroom suite on the first floor. When we entered, the lighting was bad, flickering kitchenette light, the room was dingy, with stains on the floor and couch. I felt we were paying too much to stay in such a room (~$140/night), so we went back to the front desk, and we were given another 1 bedroom suite. This one was much cleaner, but the cleaning chemical smell knocked you in the face when you walked into the room. This was making my eyes water and my husband's throat sore. I called the front desk, and I was told there were not anymore 1 bedroom suites or 2 bedroom suites available. She also informed me it might be a good idea to call ahead to any hotel I might be staying at to let them know not to use such strong chemicals for cleaning in case they may affect my allergies. I stated that I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I have never had this problem. My husband also had a problem with it, and I didn't think my 5 year old should be subjected to this odor. I thought this was a bad statement for the hotel to make. We tried to air out the room, but after several hours, this did not work. We had no choice but to find another hotel. My husband was told that he would have to pay for the first night ($147.56) even though we could not stay there. I think this is unreasonable. I feel that due to the terrible circumstances surrounding the conditions of the rooms we were assigned, that we should receive a full refund. We have stayed at several Residence Inns across the country without any issues, but this is the worst experience I have ever had. I tried submitting this information to Residence Inn Corporate twice. They forwarded to the Management of the Round Rock Residence Inn who would not give us the refund.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 1, 2010

We enjoyed staying here a few nights while my husband was on a business trip and I was just being lazy. It's convenient for necessities shopping with a Wal-Mart and Home Depot next door. It was great for when my husband was on a business call and I could go into the separate bedroom and relax. The staff is great, and it's very clean.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Your_Family, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for the feedback. We enjoyed having you as part of the family. We are glad you were able to get out of your routine and relax.
We are looking forward to accommodating you again.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

Stayed in a one bedroom suite over Thanksgiving weekend. Nice set up with a pull out couch in the living area, mini kitchenette, good bathroom space. Bed was comfortable, couch was fine. Fitness center was nice. Didn't use the outdoor pool.

The breakfast was very nice -- eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, scratch oatmeal, bagels, muffins, fruit and Texas shaped waffles. It was a mob scene between 8:30 and 9:30 but maybe that is because it was Thanksgiving weekend.

The hotel offered free passes to the Bally's gym across the highway (didn't use, but nice gesture) and free USA Today's in the lobby. Staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. Nice reception in the evening fresh baked cookies, burgers and dogs. Next to the Dell campus and shares a parking lot with Macaroni Grill.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during such an exciting time of the year. We were delighted to have you as part of our family.
We are very happy our accommodations fit your budget and you were able to save on some out of pocket expenses with our amenities such as complimentary full hot breakfast buffet and complimentary social hour.
We are looking forward to host you again.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Our room was clean and comfortable, an easy locaton and all the main shopping streets.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are extremely happy you were able to enjoy our accommodations and experience the convenience of our location.
We are looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2010

Location of this hotel was wonderful, I enjoyed stay over there during my visit to Austin

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy our location made your trip stress free.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2008

great place to stay for business

they have suites with 2 bedrooms - great for sharing

nice beds

very nice staff

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback.
We are glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and the convenience of the two bedroom suites on your business trip.
We are very proud of our award winning staff and we are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2006

Hotels was like every other Residence Inn I have stayed at. Clean, good breakfast and good value.

We ran into two problems... the hide-a-bed was terrible - the mattress was so thin.... not really different than most .. but this trip we had an adult sleeping on it... normally our 3 year old sleeps on it.

Also - we called for late check out and were told no problem - as we were loading up the car they called and told us we would be charged for another half day because we were so late checking out.. the front desk staff person had not written us down to check out late. Int he end they didn't charge us but it was frustrating to have to deal with it.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank turtlemum

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we are even happier to be able to maintain the high standards that the Residence Inn Brand is well know for.
We are very sorry for the late check out misunderstanding. We will make sure the communication between shifts is more efficient and avoid this mistake to be repeated in the future.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel.
Thanks again for staying with us.
Residence Inn staff