“Rooms stink (literally) and no wifi service the first night.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Austin Round Rock

Residence Inn Austin Round Rock
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Lubbock, Texas
“Rooms stink (literally) and no wifi service the first night.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed in 2 separate rooms for 2 nights. The first night there was no wifi service. This was fixed by the 2nd night. However, the biggest problem was the rooms smell horrible. There was such a strong smell of spices and food cooking that it was almost unbearable. The furniture is old and very worn looking. Refrigerator runs very loudly. We were on the 3rd floor. Maybe the other floors are better, but I was very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sarai B, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Softballmom2222, Thank you for taking the time on writing a review on TripAdvisor, I’m sorry to hear that your stay at the beginning of the year was not satisfactory. Since your stay, we have completed a full renovation with our guest rooms and our public areas. I would love for you to give us a second opportunity to show you the changes we have made since the beginning of the year. Please feel free to contact me on your returning trip to Round Rock/Austin Texas if there is anything I can assist with.

Regards,
Sarai Braziel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel. The rooms were clean, food was decent, the bed was comfortable and maid service was great. I inadvertently left my camera in the room when I checked out. We called an hour later and it had been turned in:)

Room Tip: Most of the rooms seem to be fairly private and on the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kand1955
lehigh valley, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Residence Inn in Round Rock is very inviting. The front desk staff is alway helpful. The kitchen staff will go the extra mile for you at breakfast and evening meals if you request something. If you do not want to eat at the evening meal they are numerous dining options close by. The Macaroni Grille is across the parking lot. Make sure you request a room that does not face the highway…it can be very loud. The exercise room is tiny(2 treadmills and 1 elliptical) and the tv remote doesn't work. However, I was the only one in there in the early am hours. I would recommend that they make the property completely non-smoking. Guests have to walk the gauntlet of smokers outside the main entrance.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarai B, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
Thank your for taking the time to write a positive review on Trip Advisor.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I only stayed at the Residence Inn at Round Rock for one night, but I thought it was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The location is near a few major stores (Walmart is next door, for your last minute needs), as well as major highways and roads, yet it is not noisy in the hotel.

First, the staff was very friendly and helpful. At one point, I needed a AA battery, but didn't have any on hand. I called the front desk, and was promptly given one, free of charge. I also needed to checkout late, and was not given a hard time at all. The hotel is a bit on the older side, but in my opinion that actually adds a nice feel to it. Walking through the halls, one feels like they are not in a hotel, but rather in an apartment complex, which I thought made it feel "just like home"

The suite was nice. Sink was useful for washing coffee mugs and spoons. Room had a full sized fridge, sink, microwave, dishwasher, sofabed, and dining table. Ironing table and Iron were in the room. Hot water was abundant, and the shower had great water pressure. The sink was outside the bathroom itself, which I thought was good (one person can brush their teeth while someone else is in the washroom)

Having a separate bedroom was nice, less worrying about things going under the bed. Lastly, the suite had two flat screen TVs, one in the living room, and one in the bedroom. Both TVs had HDMI input (for those who want to hook up a game system or laptop).

Our stay ended with a hot breakfast, which was included with the room rate. I will stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I travel to the Austin area a couple of times per year and typically stay at Marriott properties when there. This was our first stay at the Round Rock Residence Inn and I will definitely return. The location is very convenient, right on the I-35 frontage road and near many restaurants and shopping options. They have ample parking-- never had an issue finding a spot, even when we returned to the hotel later at night.

The complimentary breakfast had a good variety. And, while we didn't have the dinner at the hotel, we noticed there were quite a few guests in the gatehouse for the dinner each night.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the back of the Home Depot-- it seemed there could be times when the noi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank your for taking the time to write a positive 4 star review on Trip Advisor.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff was very helpful and the rooms were nice and clean the hotel is near food,drug store and gas stations it also has a convenient location off the freeway it also has a small store and bar/food area in the lobby

• Stayed October 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had booked this property with my points. Based on reviews I decided to give it a try, even though I was a bit worried about how dated the property was. One of the reviews I read stated "oldie but a goodie" I think. They could not have said it better.

Right off the freeway, you can easily find this hotel and park. My check in was very speedy and my room was nice. The hotel looks tired and needs a makeover, but it is very clean, which is more important. Having a separate bedroom is always refreshing. I never used the fridge or stove, but it would come handy if you were staying for a longer period of time.

The pillows were a little flat, but for 2 nights they were ok. Breakfast area was packed and my only complaint was that trying to find something somewhat healthy was hard to find. It was also extremely busy, but I think the hotel was fully booked.

Front staff was very nice. I actually left my carry-on luggage by the counter and they held it for me until I could return to pick it up.

If an older hotel does not bother you, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travelchick20
Dear Guest, Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Since your stay in 2013 we have completed a full-renovation. We would love to invite you back. Please visit us the next time you are in Round Rock, Texas.