New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
long beach
“terrific place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

stayed here for 3 nights in early june...the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. the inn was clean and well maintained ...several resturants and shopping was close by. overall we'd stay here again if we ever return to round rock,texas

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Carla_Montemurro, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Carla,

Thank you for your feedback.
We were honored to have you as part of our family.
We are thrilled you enjoyed our staff’s hospitality. We are ranked in the top 10% in staff service among all Residence Inns in the country. We are extremely happy to hear that our cleaning and maintenance staffs were able to provide you with crispy beds and everything in the room working in order.
We are glad you were able to take advantage of the convenience of nearby restaurants.

The Residence Inn Round Rock thank you again for your stay and our staff is looking forward to being your host again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

The first thing we noticed is that the parking lot is shared with a restaurant. We were first given keys to a room that had not been cleaned at all, containing an unmade bed, towels on the floor, and room-service dishes, luckily it was unoccupied or it could have been embarrassing. The next room was mostly cleaned, with only some leftover food in the fridge and a soiled toilet. The room was small, and the fridge was making noises all night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's been cleaned
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

We experienced a home emergency and needed a place to call home temporarily and the Residence Inn was a great solution. The staff went out of their way to make my family feel at home, and always with a smile. It was nice having a living room with two bedrooms, breakfast ready in the morning, and afternoon/evening snacks provided. Having a small grocery and multiple nice restaurants within walking distance was also very convenient. The only reason I didn't give it four stars was that the beds could have been a been a bit more comfortable (not terrible, but not great for a long stay).

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

One improvement they can work upon is Variety for Breakfast. Apart from that its value for money.
Dont choose a room on ground floor. Prefer staying in rooms which doesn't face parking.

Good restaurants available at walking distance. Walmart and other stores are well within the radius of 1 mile.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Largo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We booked a room at subject hotel (2505 S Interstate Highway 35, Roundrock, Texas) for 3 nights. When we arrived we were directed to a 1 bedroom suite on the first floor. When we entered, the lighting was bad, flickering kitchenette light, the room was dingy, with stains on the floor and couch. I felt we were paying too much to stay in such a room (~$140/night), so we went back to the front desk, and we were given another 1 bedroom suite. This one was much cleaner, but the cleaning chemical smell knocked you in the face when you walked into the room. This was making my eyes water and my husband's throat sore. I called the front desk, and I was told there were not anymore 1 bedroom suites or 2 bedroom suites available. She also informed me it might be a good idea to call ahead to any hotel I might be staying at to let them know not to use such strong chemicals for cleaning in case they may affect my allergies. I stated that I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I have never had this problem. My husband also had a problem with it, and I didn't think my 5 year old should be subjected to this odor. I thought this was a bad statement for the hotel to make. We tried to air out the room, but after several hours, this did not work. We had no choice but to find another hotel. My husband was told that he would have to pay for the first night ($147.56) even though we could not stay there. I think this is unreasonable. I feel that due to the terrible circumstances surrounding the conditions of the rooms we were assigned, that we should receive a full refund. We have stayed at several Residence Inns across the country without any issues, but this is the worst experience I have ever had. I tried submitting this information to Residence Inn Corporate twice. They forwarded to the Management of the Round Rock Residence Inn who would not give us the refund.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We enjoyed staying here a few nights while my husband was on a business trip and I was just being lazy. It's convenient for necessities shopping with a Wal-Mart and Home Depot next door. It was great for when my husband was on a business call and I could go into the separate bedroom and relax. The staff is great, and it's very clean.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Your_Family, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for the feedback. We enjoyed having you as part of the family. We are glad you were able to get out of your routine and relax.
We are looking forward to accommodating you again.
Residence Inn Staff
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Stayed in a one bedroom suite over Thanksgiving weekend. Nice set up with a pull out couch in the living area, mini kitchenette, good bathroom space. Bed was comfortable, couch was fine. Fitness center was nice. Didn't use the outdoor pool.

The breakfast was very nice -- eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, scratch oatmeal, bagels, muffins, fruit and Texas shaped waffles. It was a mob scene between 8:30 and 9:30 but maybe that is because it was Thanksgiving weekend.

The hotel offered free passes to the Bally's gym across the highway (didn't use, but nice gesture) and free USA Today's in the lobby. Staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. Nice reception in the evening fresh baked cookies, burgers and dogs. Next to the Dell campus and shares a parking lot with Macaroni Grill.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during such an exciting time of the year. We were delighted to have you as part of our family.
We are very happy our accommodations fit your budget and you were able to save on some out of pocket expenses with our amenities such as complimentary full hot breakfast buffet and complimentary social hour.
We are looking forward to host you again.
Residence Inn Staff