We stayed at this hotel for six days while searching for a house in the Round Rock/Cedar Park area. I'll start by saying that the customer service provided by the staff of Days Inn was top notch. They were courteous, professional, and everybody (even the maintenance man) was so helpful to make our stay the best it could be. That being said, there were some things that the staff could not do anything about. The first is parking.
The hotel has a first come, first served parking policy. The driveway to access the parking lot is one-way only. Our room happened to be on the back side of the hotel near the pool. If all of the parking spaces were taken (a fact that you could not know until you had already driven to the back of the hotel), you had to drive onto I-35S, go to the next intersection and make a U-turn, then drive to the next exit and make another U-turn to go back to the hotel to park in their overflow parking lot in front of the office. The hotel should assign spaces to rooms, and restrict parking on the back of the hotel to one vehicle per room. But they don't.
Another frustrating experience is the shower. I had to take a cold shower every time because if somebody flushes a toilet or turns on a faucet ANYWHERE in the hotel, the water pressure drops and the water becomes ice cold. If you choose to take a shower after eating breakfast, good luck having any hot water!
Breakfast consists of waffles, biscuits & gravy, cold cereal, and assorted pastries. The fruit was the same day after day, and the bananas just kept getting browner and browner. I highly recommend you avoid the "fresh" fruit. It's not fresh. Also, they do not serve any eggs and/or bacon/sausage. They also have coffee and apple/orange juice.
I went swimming with my daughter in the pool and in the hot tub. There was quite a bit of dirt, grass, and debris (along with many dead insects) floating on the surface of the water. To the hotel's credit, though, we went swimming after a very rainy, windy day. I'm sure they normally take good care of their pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn & Suites Round Rock is a beautiful hotel in Round Rock, TX. Recently renovated in 2016, the hotel offers large rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. The hotel provides a FREE large hot breakfast buffet including sausages, eggs, and Texas-shaped waffles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Round Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Round Rock
- Days Inn & Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Days Inn Round Rock
- Round Rock Days Inn