“You get what you pay for during SXSW and spring break.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock

Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Laredo, Tx
“You get what you pay for during SXSW and spring break.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is very run down. Rooms have old carpets and the restroom is a little gross to put it nicely. If you're in Round Rock, it's a good location; fairly close to everything. The guy who checked us in was very nice and accommodated us with 2 double beds even though we were booked for a king, but other than that they don't do much. No free breakfast, but you get a discount at Ihop. I would not stay here again, unless it was my only choice, but overall the experience was not horrible. This was the only hotel that was not booked during such a busy weekend for Austin and the price was fair considering. We paid about $70 per night.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Victoria, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was very disappointed. Let's see where can I begin! It's next to a truck stop and we know what that means. People where drinking in the hallway and being very loud. People just standing around looking lost but you know what that meant. The room had an very nasty odor and small. We where part of a group of 7 different rooms and we all had problems. Blood on the bathroom door, blood on the bedcover, tv channel on the guide where not correct plus they advertise that they had HBO but for some reason for that day it was not working. We all would have left but we had an early morning event to go to. And the song don't lie " Freak do come out at night!" Never again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Santa Clara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel is very close to I-35 and the 24hr/day traffic noise can make it difficult to sleep. Hardwood floors and thin walls means simply bringing in luggage and unpacking can bring about a noise complaint. Basic amenities are adequate. There is a ludicrously tiny outdoor pool but I did not use it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Lots of shopping and restaurants around , the lobby is nice, people are nice, room are real nice for the money. This is particular room needs a little TLC on the air conditioner but other than that still a great value

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very comfy place to stay and once the renovations are complete the will get 5 stars across the board! Front desk service was awesome during check in and out. Very friendly staff! Loved the laminate flooring and the extra large shower stall. Comfy, firm mattress (we prefer firm) provided a great nights sleep. The only thing I had issue with is that only one side of the bed had plug-ins. There were lamps on both sides but only one worked. My hubby and I both require Cpap machines so we had to do some improvising but we made it work. Other than that we spent a very pleasant evening and will be back...we will just remember to pack a small extension cord! Haha

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The actual hotel isn't all that bad as they're trying to bring it up to date. The problem is the caliber of people that stay here. Shady folks to say the least. They have faux hardwood floors which makes the stomping a nightmare to sleep through. Other cons are paper thin walls and bad water pressure. Also parts of their renovation seem to have been done by a 12 year old with one arm. Found a roach on the floor in the morning. That was sweet. All in all, I guess this is what you get from the least expensive option in the area.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

After canceling my room within the required time frame and being told by two employees that I could cancel without having to pay penalities, I was still charged for a night stay. I called the hotel daily for a week to reach the manager and he was never there. The employee I spoke with was very honest and said he is never around and my issue will probably not get resolved. I then called the corporate offices where they started a case. The manager then emailed me saying he was sorry if I was unhappy but never once addressed the issue at hand, so I called the corporate office back. They said he was disputing my claim and was not going to pay me back. I am so frustrated that I was told by two employees that I would not be charged and now the corporate acts as though they can't help now. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family