“Sign was misleading” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Austin, Texas
“Sign was misleading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stopped there because it was late, I was tired, and there was a sign out front advertising rooms for $49 per night. When I asked inside, the clerk told me that those rooms were all taken and that I would have to pay $50, or $63.24 with tax. Other than that, I had few complaints. The room was comfortable and reasonably quiet. I was on my way early the next morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Bathroom was dirty, bed were hard, curtains not hung but taped. Would not stay there again! Asked about my group rate he said it was already applied but it was not, had to call to get refunded.worst place Ive ever spent money on to stay at!

• Stayed February 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

1. My king room has wood floors, upgraded bathroom, modern sink and faucet, 32 inch flat screen, refrigerator. Under $55. including all Tax.
2. Cracker Barrel, Saltgrass Steakhouse, IHOP, and loads of other nice restaurants, shopping close, including the newly designed Sears Great store, that is awesome.
3. Fresh coffee and vending machines 24 hours a day down stairs. And the Walgreens in the area.
For me that spells a really good value it's not the Hilton but you're not paying Hilton prices either

• Stayed February 2013
Oskaloosa, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

First of all after reserving rooms by phone the day of arrival. We arrive to hotel where it takes my husband and brother in-law around 20 minutes to check in. I finally got in to find out what the hold up is and find that the people working the front desk appear to not know what they are doing. They seem to be high with glazed eyes. Being a guy in uniform and a woman in street clothes that I am not sure worked there. They appeared to be a couple. We finally get checked in and all go to our rooms. To find that they smell of paint fumes real bad and different things are missing from the room. Like a night stand and light fixtures where the paint is different. The bathroom door didn't close at first till my husband fought it and got it to part of the way. Which wouldn't have been a problem but my sister in law was sharing our room.Tired from the long trip that day I decide to shower straight off and find when I get out of the shower there is no hair dryer. So I call down to the front desk where the girl tells me she will look for one and bring one up. When she gets it to us. Keep in mind this is the girl who is not in uniform and may or may not work there. Tells me that we need to bring it back to the front desk when we are done because they only have 2 for the hotel. Just being happy to have dry hair we do as asked. So we jump into bed to find that the mattresses are hard as rocks and covered in plastic. So all night we tossed and turned and continued to be woke from plastic crinkling. The next morning we go down for continental breakfast to find there is none. So we use the discount we get with the room key and go next door to Ihop for breakfast. We all then decided that we couldn't spend another night in that place and checked into another hotel for the rest of our stay.

Room Tip: Go to the La Quinta a short distance away!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ambermarie80
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Visited the hotel in November and stayed there for 6 days. And what an adventure. After the first day, when I got back to the hotel late in the evening, my room was blocked. The staff from front desk told me that I did not check inn and they did not reserve the room for me anymore .... and this with my stuff inside the room. I spend 30 min. trying to explain that I check inn the day before for when my reservation start. Finally got my room back. Next day the same....come on, how any times can you make the same mistake? Well in this case 4 times :), in 4 consecutive days. Than in every morning for 5 mornings I had to fight with the staff because they where charging me on the daily basis extra, not a change to be charged at the end of my staying there. It took us 2 weeks of calls to get our money back for overcharging. Bottom line the hotel it wasn't for me, there are so many other choices in Austin- Round Rock area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank harangus
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Made reservations 1 month in advanced for the Circuit of the Americas F1 race. The hotel is under construction to get rid of BED BUGS! Found bugs on bed spread and exoskeleton of bed bugs. Took bed bugs to the front desk and showed them. They replied that they use to have a problem, but they haven't had complaints lately and denied any kind of refund of any amount. I checked out anyway. BED BUGS WILL GO HOME WITH YOU!!

BED BUGS are nocturnal and feed on blood. Although commonly found in beds, they live everywhere. Just because you don't see them during the day doesn't mean they are not there. They have BED BUG covers on the mattresses and pillow cases. I found bugs in the dresser too. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Bed Bugs! Do not stay here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meinbigd
Neal P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Being away from home often wears on a person. We strive to make your stay as cozy and comfortable as possible. We're under a new ownership and new management and take this issue seriously. After a report was made a Pest Control Inspection company was called but no sings of Bed Bugs were found on the report. We're almost done with our renovations please give a chance to provide you with the Texas Hospitality.

Thank you.

Neal Patel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Pets? Is there a size limit? We opened the door and found around a 60lb shepard walking down the hall as if on his way to get ice (if they have any) Are they cheaping out or what? cheap lighting, we had to open drapes and everyone glanced inside as they walked by, no tissue dispenser, no center table with lamp, no bed covers (just a blanket and a sheet), no shampoo or lotions, not even a hair dryer, a microwave that we had to search for an outlet to plug it, what happen to the decorative picture frames? Its really just a plain room with a bed. And, for 80.00 it should look more inviting. A home away from home. I probably would've got a better looking room at a cheaper place. Appearance goes a long way.

• Stayed November 2012