“Never stay again”

Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Round Rock
Austin
“Never stay again”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My first time staying at a Red Roof Inn. The hotel was under construction and I had to step over construction equipment to go down the hallway to my room. My room was not finished and still under construction. There were two beds each a different height than the other and the beds could have been purchased at a distress sale and could have not been cheeper material. From this experience I would never personally stay at a Red Rood Inn and will tell everyone I know of my unpleasant experience with this hotel. Dr John V Stangel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank AustinDoctor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Argonia, Kansas
Reviewed September 26, 2012

In the process of remodeling (9/19/12). I think they made the bed and pushed them against the wall just so they could rent the room. Sheet rock dust on carpet, beds only inches from the floor, and someone else's #2 in the toilet when we got in there. The lobby was beautiful --- but the rooms were terrible. It was really late when we checked in and thank goodness we only wanted a few hours sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aubrey, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Although you could tell they were in the process of remodeling which I hope will make the hotel a nicer place to stay... Wasn't very nice for us this past weekend. We had a non smoking room that smelled of cigaretttes! The bed was rock hard, the pillows went immediately flat when laid on. The shower drizzled water out, the sink didn't drain very well. The microwave had to be kept unplugged when not in use as it would constantly beep every couple of minutes. HBO? No! Very few channels to choose from, not the amount they say they have. All in all... I would not stay here again nor would I recomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed on July 20, 2012. Woke up Itchy. Checked under my sheets and found several bed bugs and blood marks. Was bitten over 200 times. Took pictures and brought to the front desk's attention. They offered to take $10 off my room bill for the inconvenience. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank JoeTravelz
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My stay was very good, everyone was very good willing to help out what,anything that me and my brother needed iron, exter towels, ice, I'll stay there again, I stayed there about 7 years ago when I was in town, ****** Did not see any bed bugs,at all I think some very mad persons wrote bad reviews, we stayed 4 nights, everything was great.. the price was right,places to eat close by, post office gym, what do they want, the room was very clean, bath clean, tell them to stop wetting to bed and they will not smell the urine, a holes wrote bad review,some people should go and stay at a $200.00 a night room and then they will still fine something wrong,with it... I was very happy and will stay again, and again Walter & Ted.......

Room Tip: All rooms are great, if you want,sun in your room the south side is for you,no A/C noise at all I wa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this place for 2 nights beginning of may 2012. Walking into the room there is an overwhelming stench of animal urine that never went away.

Before going to bed, I checked for bugs, expecting to see some. None found, so I went to bed and had no issues 1st night. 2nd night not so lucky. Woke up at 2am with several bites and bugs on the bed.

I checked out that morning, complaining of the odor and bugs. Was issued at 15 dollar credit for "insects". Suprised red roof would allow this place to hang their name on the wall.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Nativeborn
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

So many things were wrong with this motel. The people at the front desk were nice enough but no discounts were given because of "events". The room was $79. Definitely not worth the price. After about an hour in the room I was bitten by several bedbugs and saw many bugs. We were moved. No bugs but not necessarily clean. We were given a $15 credit but felt our money should have been refunded. They say they are remodeling but I wouldn't stay there. Especially in room 322.

• Stayed May 2012