“So Much Fun!”

153 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“So Much Fun!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently took two of my children (ages 8 and 13) to Wake Nation. The staff got them equipped and out on the water in a very short time. Once on the water, our instructor was very patient and helpful with my kids. My 8-year old caught on very quickly, but my 13-year old struggled. The instructor did a nice job of being positive and constructive...soon both kids were wake boarding with confidence. Beginner or experienced, Wake Nation has something for everyone.

This is a great place to learn to water ski or wake board because the cables pull you up and out of the water unlike a boat which pulls you parallel to the water. I would recommend filling out the required waiver online before your visit to expedite your start-up time. I would also recommend the 2-hour session as a good purchase for beginners.

I wish we lived closer so we could return to Wake Nation often.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bill K

Houston area
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great place!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

They have a wonderful facility here, and the staff of young men are very knowledgable and patient with newbies! A very cool and different type of outing. The beginner area was just right, and we were able to kneeboard in no time at all.

They also offer a summer camp, and I've already got my kids signed up!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank ethansmom66
Manvel
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Best Attraction in Brazoria County”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our 14-year old son took three friends to Wake Nation for his birthday. We signed up for a two-hour session, which was ample for beginners. All the boys were wakeboarding after about five attempts. Even though the day was hot, the water felt good.

There is a Pro Shop on-site and a covered pavilion with tables for spectators. You can bring a tent and chairs if you want to camp closer to the water. Lessons are available.

It's good clean fun. Our son is hooked - - we’re definitely going back!

Visited July 2011