“Taqueria con Gusto” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bob's Taco Station
Ranked #8 of 91 Restaurants in Rosenberg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Corpus Christi, TX
“Taqueria con Gusto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

A lot more than just a taqueria, but with that same comfortable feel. The tamales are just a bit better than any my wife or I have ever had elsewhere. I had the Huevos Rancheros, not different or fancy, just done just right. Service was also not fancy, but friendly and attentive. The atmosphere added as much to our enjoyment as the food itself, and if we were regulars that might wear off. But it's on our way between Corpus Christi and Houston, and we plan to make it a regular stop from now on. If you're a visitor to Texas and don't know what a taqueria is, you definitely need to stop here!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lee W

Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Heard it was on the travel channel, thought I would see if it was worth the tall tales I hear about it. I was personally thinking it would have more of a kick to it, being real Mexican and all. I guess I just wanted more of a fire taste in the food. Great atmosphere.

Visited April 2012
Katy, Texas
“Meh..... overpriced for breakfast, just not that awesome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I can't speak to lunch or dinner, but I have tried Bob's for breakfast a couple of times, and I just don't get it. I can hit Bucee's and watch them custom make my enormous and delicious "Hippo" with beans, eggs, potatoes, bacon, cheese, and salsa for about $3.50. I often can't finish it. At Bob's, there is no equivalent, but I can drop $8-9 for a smaller, less fresh substitute combo. For $9, I'm wanting 59 Diner's chicken fried steak with eggs, hash browns, and 2 pancakes. Again, more than I can eat, hot and fresh. Bob's breakfast tacos are just too scrawny for $2-2.50 a pop. Makes me wonder how Guy got roped into endorsing them?

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sealy, Texas
“A Nice breakfast Stopover in Rosenberg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you go to Rosenberg and crave fresh, yummy breakfast tacos, Bob's is the one and only place to park your wagon. As a breakfast taco aficionado, I absolutely crave fresh-made quality, rather than the "surprise roll-ups" you find at convenience stores and the latter. As the sign says, "If you want fast food, there is always McDonald's and Taco Bell". You do have to wait for your food at Bob’s, but the walls inside are covered in interesting, nostalgic "eye candy", so you won't be disappointed, and the wait really isn’t that long. The menu is a bit limited (in my opinion), but every item that I have ordered (devoured) has been consistently solid, quality food. I recommend this unique eatery to all.

• Visited August 2012
Pflugerville, Texas
“Absolutely wonderful tamales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We decided to stop here for lunch on our way to Houston for vacation, and we are glad that we made the detour. We had seen it featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and thought that it looked like something we would like. We ordered a variety of items and our favorites were the tamales and the carne guisada. The tamales are more stuffed than we are used to (more meat and less masa) and they had a wonderful flavor. The carne guisada was equally good and didn't have any "mystery" meat in it (if you've ever bit into gristle or something equally awful while eating carne guisada, you will know what I'm talking about). We decided though that if we went back we would focus on just having tamales and maybe a few breakfast tacos since their flour tortillas were also amazing. By the way Bob himself was there and he was nice enough to let me take a picture of him with my son. All in all, it was really good food (not an empty table in the place) and we would go back again and again if it was anywhere near our house.

• Visited July 2012