“Veteran's Day Lunch”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
San Diego, California
“Veteran's Day Lunch”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It was Veteran's Day and lunch was free for all military veteran's. It was nice to see all the military families enjoying lunch with their families. We had a 15 minute wait for a table for 3. I loved the fresh, warm bread they serve as you are seated at your table. Food was good, service was excellent. The only thing I didn't like was the empty peanut shells on the floor in the waiting area. I would eat here again on my return trip to Houston.

• Visited November 2013

Sugarland, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meat flavored chicken fried steak”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you're hankering for a "meat flavored" chicken fried steak this it the place to go...huge batter with a paper thin slice of some kind of meat. Worst chicken fried steak I've ever had....bar none. They do have peanuts though....and bread...The discount store "Dollar Tree" once had rib-eye steaks on sale for one dollar each...I kid you not....they did....and this chicken fried steak looked as appealing as those same steaks did. The manager should be fired for serving food like this.....I feel sorry for the employees. Our waiter was very prompt and I had no problem with his service other than the wait staff does make you feel rushed since they bring the bill to you in the middle of your dinner. On a one to 10 scale I'd give it a 2.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Fluor_emp
Sugar Land, Texas
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our service was terrible! We were seated in the bar and in the next booth there was a waitress off duty that was getting wasted. Other waitresses who were suppose to be working kept going over to her and snacking on her appetizers and chatting, including our waitress! And it appeared the bartender was giving her free shots. Since our waitress was clearly distracted our service was slow and we were unable to get refills on our drinks. Where were the managers? Is anybody paying attention to what is going on?

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beware of Tips added in”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. The service was fantastic, food was great and the atmosphere was very nice. I love the way they redid the seating/tables. Very comfortable. We all had steak and they were amazing. Melt in your mouth. Best salad I have every had too.

My only concern/complaint is that after the meal when the bill came they already had added on a 15% tip. There were only 6 of us, so it wasn't because we had a large party. I don't feel that restaurants should tell their clients how much of a tip and add it into the total on the bill. To me that is very poor business practice. I wonder how many people don't see that and leave another tip? Not good!!

• Visited April 2013
Needville, Texas
“An Average Experience...”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Eating at this restaurant recently, our experience was very...well...average. The bar service was slow--it was a good five minutes from the time my wife was seated at the bar (I stood behind her) before our presence was acknowledged. I understand the bartender was busy--but good ones shoot you a quick word or look that shows they know you are there and they will be with you as soon as possible.

Moving to the table, we ended up at the junction of noisy and loud. I think we were seated in the main traffic area which subtracted from the experience.

The appetizer (rattlesnake bites) was fine and it was served quickly. So quickly in fact that our server acted surprised that it was out before she got back to us. This is one part of service in many restaurants that I do not like--different servers taking your order and bringing your meal. It is impersonal and always leads to the "who had what" dish question.

The meals were average at best. The shrimp skewers we both had were fine but why did one of us get butter and the other not? Why did my skewer not come out with the meal? The small sirloin my wife had was void of any good beef flavor. The ribeye that I had was dreadfully thin, which always leads to a poorly cooked steak. More taste in this cut but it looked like a piece of meat I would get at a much cheaper price point.

Overall? This was a very average dining experience. Nothing stood out. Nothing was horrible.

• Visited March 2013