“Rat Hole”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Rosenberg
Rosenberg, Texas
“Rat Hole”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Exhausting day driving to be with our daughter who was in the hospital in Sugar Land, TX. Used our (older) GPS, this place showed up as a Comfort Inn. Took the room sight unseen just to have a bed. If you like moldy smell, horribly stained, cigarette burned and filthy carpets, and bugs in the bathroom and landing on you in bed, this is your place!! Too tired to change, we were careful of what we touched and got up early. In the morning, could not get to the breakfast bar for all the "weeklys" that were plundering it. Had to wait while they stocked up on up to 6-8 plates to carry back to their room to last the day. For this we were charged $67. Don't even CONSIDER staying here.

Room Tip: Go to the Motel 6 at Highway 36 and SW Freeway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was not ever going to stay at a Knights Inn again after the experience at the one on the beach in Corpus Christi, Texas....but this one looked nicer on the outside, so we asked to see a room BEFORE we booked and it was totally opposite of the that other one...This one was nice, so we stayed for a week. We liked it so well that we booked for 2 more weeks, as my husband travels for his job....The staff were very friendly and the whole place was quiet. We had a room facing the pool, which was WONDERFUL and very clean (we took advantage of the pool every chance we got), and the cleaning staff was great with out little dashaund when they cleaned the room, even when we were not there...I would HIGHLY recommend this Knights in for a great price and a great stay!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Though the weather wasn't the best, the room was clean and comfortable, for being an older building. The breakfast was a nice treat, the "cook", was eager to please, asking how she could help improve the experience. Angie, at the desk, was also very kind and helpful, not too busy to answer my questions about nearby attractions....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
syracuse ny
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I also reserved for 2 nights to attend a wedding a couple of days ago. Everything in jm0107's post is true. I have stayed in a lot of hotels/motels over the years including other Knight's Inns which were inexpensive and exceptionally clean with competent, personable staff. This particular one completely fell off the scale in all categories.
Disgusting room-didn't walk on the rug in my bare feet; listened to hours of constant running, yelling, loud, profane arguments from inside the neighbors' rooms and also outside from both adults and children.
8 hours after checking in, I checked out.
Being the stellar establishment that this particular place is, they charged my credit card for BOTH nights. When I called to question the 2nd night's charge, I was told that it is their policy. They need to read their own policy which states a cancellation will result in being charged for 1 night only.
I then contacted Knight's Inn headquarters and they are investigating to ensure I am reimbursed for the 2nd night. Plain and simple, management stole from me and had no qualms about lying about it.
Do. Not. Go. There.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Rosenberg hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The room was cheap(45$), but other then that it's crap. Room (non smoking) smelled like smoke and mold. Speaking of mold it was in a pillow case and all over the shower. Tv was broken? Beds were ok, but the pillows are super flat. Carpet on the floors are all stained and so on.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Darkneg777
Rosenberg tx
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is disgusting very noisy people running in and out all hours of the night! Pretty sure my room had bedbugs and room service will take your sheets off your bed early in the day and dirty towels and leave when you come back that evening from work I had to request for towels and fresh linens and had to finish myself this place is just pitiful do yourself a favor and go across the road to executive inn and stay

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2011

had reservation for 3 days, drove 520 miles and got in at 4:30 AM.when I called to see when check in time was, the auditor told us to come on in., later I noticed we were charged $45 for 2 hours(4:30-6:30) which meant I had to pay another $45! the auditor never told us we would be charged, if that was the case, we would have waited the 2 hours before checking in. Not to mention we had no tv for 2 of 3 days!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family