“close but not quite good enough”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Rosenberg
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Rosenberg
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The facility is nice but there are some issues with housekeeping that management can tweak to bring this location closer to what I find at other Hampton Inns. As is it is overpriced for the value received.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rizwan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Rosenberg, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here twice. The hotel itself is nice in a good location with lots of restaurants nearby and the movie theater. We were on the first floor and a group was in the lobby, loud with kids running until midnight. The hotel tried but not very hard to quiet them down after I called multiple times. This stay was very disappointing. I complained to management which I NEVER DO and he made it right by giving us a night stay free if we came back. We did come back and were on the first floor again (although the opposite side of the lobby) and did not have a problem at all! Hampton Inns in general do seem to have a lot of sports teams staying at them. Friends were on the 3rd floor and said kids were running up and down the halls but stopped around 8pm so it was ok.

Room Tip: Rooms right next to the lobby can be a little louder. May want to ask if any groups with kids are s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn Houston/Rosenberg. I'm glad that you gave us another chance and the second visit was a satisfactory experience. I would also like to thank you for bringing your issue to my attention, without your feedback it would have been difficult for me to resolve the issue. Additionally, it will serve as a great learning tool for team members stressing the importance of resolving problems quickly and to the satisfaction of our guest. I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This facility not only has excellent accomodations, it has the most helpful, friendly staff I have had the pleasure of dealing with. I needed a conference room last minute. Chelsea at the front desk made the arrangements, followed up with emails and phone calls confirming. The manager Rizwan was so very helpful when we arrived. He came out and even helped carry my bags. Every day, they greet you with smiles and hellos.The facility itself is new and very clean and comfy. I would recommend staying there! It's great!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rizwan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Rosenberg, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

I appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to give us feedback about your recent meeting at our hotel. I am glad that Chelsea was helpful in making arrangements for your meeting. She displays the same urgency with her work at the front desk, so it doesn’t surprise me.

At the Hampton Inn Rosenberg we truly love our guest! We’ll do whatever it takes to make sure that your stay is great! Next time you’re visiting our hotel for leisure or work make sure to visit the nearby theater and shopping both in walking distance.

Thank you for your business, I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Houston- Rosenberg during a recent business stay. The staff was friendly, rooms where great and the breakfast was great. There is a great mall located right next to it, just a walk away. I highly recommend and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for Rizwan and he will take great care of you!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Rizwan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Rosenberg, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Rosenberg. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities that we offer. I have the pleasure of working with an amazing team who make the hotel an excellent place to stay. I will be sure to share your comments with each of them.

Thank you for your business, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary (nudge-nudge-wink-wink) and I reserved a Suite for us. We've always had great experiences with Hampton Inn, and this was no exception. The suite we stayed in was nice and spacious, the furniture comfortable (well, except the sleeper sofa, but those never are) and the lighting more than adequate. We had a slight problem with the TV, but the front desk told us that their Direct TV service was a little broken, furnished me with a printed list of channels, and told me how to circumvent the problem that didn't allow me to simply bypass their 'guide' channel. The complimentary breakfast was great. In our room, there was a small kitchen-like area with a sink and coffee machine, as well as a microwave and a refrigerator (though, we didn't use them). The room was nice and quiet, about the only noise we heard was the usual rowdy kids running down the hall (there always seem to be some no matter what hotel I go to) and the occasional slam of someone letting their door close by itself behind them. If I have to complain about anything, It's that the ice machine was all the way on the other side of the hotel. Boo-hoo, right? I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rizwan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Rosenberg, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

I appreciate your review, and was delighted to see that you chose our hotel for your anniversary. I'm glad that you enjoyed the "On the House Hot Breakfast", and found our King Suite to be spacious and accommodating.

Please accept my sincere apology about the TV guide not working properly. It was nice to hear that the front desk took proactive measures to remedy your concern. I look forward to hosting you at our hotel again very soon.

Happy Anniversary! From the entire staff at the Hampton Inn Rosenberg

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We are originally from Austin TX, We had a family emergency and came to the hotel to stay the night while praying for good news from a family member in critical condition at the hospital down the street. Unfortunately our family member did not make it. We stayed at the hotel for 1 night, then decided to come back again the next night bc of the amazing beds and pillows and how nice it is. When we received the bad news and went back to the hotel there was a amazing person behind the counter at the night shifts named Celso. I was telling my wife how thirsty I was and without a delay he ran to the fruit juice machine and tried to turn it on but couldn't find the key, he then said don't worry and grabbed 2 drinks on the house and gave them to us and told us he is sorry for are loss. And told us if there is anything he can do to let him know. People like Celso are very rare to find especially at a hotel. My wife and I will never forget the amazing service he provided and would make the 3 hour drive to your hotel again to stay their for no reason just because of how pleasant it was. Before I left I spoke to the GM of the hotel and told him about what happened. He told me he would recognize Celso in the up coming meeting and he better, 3 hours isn't that far for me ;)

• Stayed: February 2013

I was sorry to hear about your loss while on your visit. It was nice to see that Celso quickly took action and was accommodating to your needs.

As I promised when I met you the morning of your departure, I recognized Celso with our entire team.

I look forward to your return visit to our hotel soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were in town for a project. Excellent rooms and friendly staff. Breakfast was one of the best I have had on the road. The rooms and bed were excellent. The rooms had nice refrigerators and microwaves. Additionally, it is very close to lots of shopping and restaurants. Will be back if work brings me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Rizwan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Rosenberg, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms, the quality of our breakfast, and our friendly staff. Additionally, I am glad that you found our location to be convenient to nearby restaurants and shopping. I look forward to seeing you back when you are in the Houston/Rosenberg area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosenberg
SpringHill Suites Houston Rosenberg
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Best Western Sugarland Inn
Best Western Sugarland Inn
#4 of 9 in Sugar Land

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Rosenberg? Share your experiences!