“Authenic Mexican food and service in a Mexican town in Texas”
Review of El Taco Rico

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Taco Rico
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Roma
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a Mexican restuarant in an entirely Mexican town founded in 1794 by Spanish Catholics. The restaurant is authentic, obviously, with great service and foods. I have been there twice in 2007 and again just weeks ago, once for breakfast (open at 9 AM) and lunch. They exceeded my expectations both times and I plan to return each time I am in the Rio Grande Valley. Roma is 70-90 miles from Brownsville-Harlingen, TX.
Reviewed July 29, 2011

El Taco Rico is a wonderful source for outstanding Mexican food in Roma, a town in the Rio Grande Valley settled by Mexicans in the late 18th Century, before Texas was Texas. The hours permit a great breakfast cooked including the spices of Mexico mingled with bacon and eggs, lunch or dinner which match the breakfast in taste and quality. The servie is courteous, warm and quick. I eat at El Taco Rico each time I am in the Rio Grande Valley.