“Such a treat!”

Gloria's Latin Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 182 Restaurants in Rockwall
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gloria's growth has been a constant ever since then. Now boasting 15 Texas locations, the restaurant still serves the same delicious Latin cuisine that has been satifying hungry Texans for over 25 years.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this restaurant. I went on Friday night with a party of 5 people and we were seated without waiting. Service was excellent, smooth and unobtrusive. Chips, salsa and black bean dip arrived without delay and were refreshed several times. My cousin ordered decaf coffee and the waiter made a fresh pot just for Joel because in August not many people were ordering coffee. My pork loin was tender and the sauce was just the right amount of spicy! I also ordered a margarita swirl and it was very good. When we left, my cousin inadvertently left his credit card on the table and our waiter ran us down after we had walked away from the restaurant. This is my favorite restaurant in Rockwall.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I love having dinner here while watching the sunset over the lake. They have a good variety of food and strong margaritas. I had my 40th birthday party celebration here and the did great with our large party. They have a private room that can be used without a fee for large parties. Only reason we don't go there more is because they are so popular they often have a wait.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went for dinner (party of 6) and found the restaurant sitting on a small bluff overlooking Lake Hubbard, a fantastic view. The restaurant is beautifully decorated on the inside and the menu has an enormous selection to choose from.
You are treated to baskets of warm tortilla chips and bowls of Gloria's fresh red salsa and her warm black bean dip
I decided to try "Gloria's Super Special", a sampler platter with one tamale (steamed in banana leaves), one pupusa (Salvadoran flat bread), fried yucca and plantain, black beans, black rice and sour cream. It was very, very good and a lot of food for just one person.
Everyone in my group raved about the food, especially one who ordered the Grilled Quail.
Desserts are certainly worth it too.
Highly Recommended!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stopped in for an after-dinner drink with a group; told them that was all we wanted....we "had to wait while they prepared the table".... which turned out to mean they put out 3 baskets of chips and 6 bowls of salsa, all of which went to waste! Plus the time wasted :(
Then, we ordered drinks: asked for Drambuie, didn't have. Changed to B&B, ended up with a J&B (Scotch) instead. TOok that back and finally traded for a G. Marnier. BUT the Kahlua and Creams the ladies ordered were about 1/8 shot of Kahlua and a tall glass full of something that wasn't really cream, and was WAY to much even for a full shot of Kahlua. NOt good, tasteless concoction that also ended up tossed out. All this at a place that charges $8/drink!?! No thanks; we won't be back here...

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Overall, a fine evening with friends at this restaurant that came out of Dallas to the Harbor District; here are the plusses and minuses.
1. Wait +/= Had to stand in the middle of a crowded corridor in the middle of restaurant, jostled by servers going by, for a half hour or so ((Better than foing the same thing for TWICE as long at Gloria's next door!)) while waiting for a table, then they ended up seating us at a table I had told them 20 minutes earlier was sitting empty and would accomodate us... but they were 'saving' it for a party more than twice our size.
2. Had the Pork Tacos (build your own) $14. DELICIOUS! This one gets a big "+" Tableside guacmole $10 was tasty, but portion was small for six. Queso wasn't quite so good -- had an air of 'ballpark nacho cheese' thick and flavor was a bit 'off' although portion was generous... may have been a canned prepared vesion.
3. Sopapillas for dessert were good, but the Tres Leches cake was PHENOMENAL. Go with that!
4. Servers were accomodating, and the hostess tried her best to get us seated (but got overruled by management more than once). It all worked out in the end, as it ususally does.

Anyway, a lot more + than -; I would definitely go back.