“No complaints”

WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Rockwall
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This has been a second "home" for me several times, and I would not hesitate to stay here again. The desk clerks are all very helpful, friendly, and down to earth. The room service has been superb, as has the maintenance. Those who have complaints need to remember that this is not a personal property. Of course there will be noises, smells, etc. (as someone complained about). It's a multi-unit facility with all types of tenants. I consider that a reflection of the individual, not the property. The solution is to get your own personal place, or stop being so easily irritated. Sure, there's a few bugs; that's anywhere. I had the opportunity to do a few home-cooked meals myself, and it was awesome! I haven't had hot water cornbread in a very long time, but was able to do it here. This will be my place of choice for all extended visits to the area. Thanks, everybody, for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thank you for your comments and being a loyal guest. We look forward to serving you when you return.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The management will work with you to make your stay the best as possible.
The rooms are perfect.
They even have a stove top if you would like a great meal.
Feels like a home away from home.
Parking is never a problem.
AC is amazing and unlimited for this Texas Heat!!!
Flat screen tv!!!
My favorite place to stay while I'm staying in Rockwall.

Room Tip: they are all great
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

We appreciate your review. We are very proud of our management team and our property in Rockwall. Rockwall is such a great city and has so much to offer.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have been traveling for my job for the last 2 years. I stay in hotels 2 weeks at the time and then go to the next one. I have to cover all my expences so the hotel price for me is very important and that is why I always stay at Value Place when ever I can. Honestly I have yet to
find a better, more economical, efficient and clean place then Value
Place. I have just stayed 2 weeks at Trophy Club,Tx and Tina (Property Mang.) was super nice. Now I'm staying in Rockwall, Tx and Decinda (Property Mang.) making sure everything is perfect. All the staff members are doing a wonderful job. This is my third time at this location. I have probably stayed at least 10 different  Value Places all over Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas.  I have found Value Place staff members are generally very caring and want you to have a great stay.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for staying at our Rockwall and Trophy Club hotels. We are so fortunate to have great managers running our hotels - taking care of valued guests as yourself.

We appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I decided to try this hotel based on the TA reviews. What a mistake. If you ever want to know what it's like to live with homeless people, stay at this hotel. The hallways smelled of cooking food, in a bad way. It sounded like 10 people were living in the room next door. Kids and babies crying. There was a dead cockroach in the stairwell. Also, the wall in my room had a big splatter mark which looked like someone killed a cockroach on the wall. There were people yelling in the parking lot at night. The laundry room looked dirty. Never again.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Your review
Visiting family - extended stay‎ - ‎ - Today
Location is great. Conveniently right off of I-30 but not too noisy. Wal-mart is close - less than 1 mile on service road. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance or a short drive. Plenty of lighted parking. Don't be fooled by other reviews . . . when you first see hotel, there doesn't seem to be much parking, but the hotel owns all of the parking spaces behind the Honda dealership. We had a trailer, scooter, and a full size truck. We used three parking spaces with no problems. Room is clean and smells good. We stayed on 2nd floor. 1st through 3rd floors are non-smoking. All smokers are on 4th floor. We weren't happy with the first room we were assigned. The room was adjacent to the electrical room and the elevator. Light sleepers and constant hum was annoying. Upon notifying manager, we were offered another room immediately.

Pros: Extremely low rates, great value for the dollar, Staff - especially Descinda, are very courteous and go out of their way to make sure that your stay is comfortable, room is fairly large, nice kitchen area, full size refrigerator, air conditioning cools wonderfully, comfortable beds with ingenious underbed storage, weekly room cleaning included in rate, interior and exterior of hotel are very well maintained, Wireless internet available for a small weekly fee,

Cons: No front door canopy to cover from weather when loading or unloading, no views out of windows, no ice machines, smoke smell when entering building and elevator (however there is no smoke smell in room or hall), hotel only offers full size beds - only two floors plans available - 1 full size bed with sofa sleeper, or 2 full size beds with no sofa sleeper. For a couple, a perfect room would have been a queen size bed with a sofa, kitchen has stove top only - oven would have been nice. No black-out curtains for single window in room. Was able to drape blanket over window.

I would have rated this hotel 5 stars if not for the few minor cons. We've extended our stay for another week, if that tells you anything. I wish there were more Value Place hotels available in our travels. Truly a great value. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Good: location for me, in a safe part of smaller suburb, cops seem to be around
and thats good, newer building, was fairly clean except for motel smell
Bad: 22 miles from downtown dallas, motorcycle shop runs loud bikes all
day long on west side, no naps...no curtains, sun shine problem, Never ever
stay over 7 days, they charge $52/day for staying past 7...that needs to be
changed big time....$100 deposit is sorta large but got it back ok.
No wifi unless you pay a seperate company, who does this anymore???
very small tv only a 17 or 19, hard to see from bed and only 1 chair
would I stay again, probably, because of location

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Bottem line: for the price, well worth it. Very friendly staff, & helpful. Could have used a few more parking spaces, but I always managed to find one. Quiet, no noise. Near shopping , right on I-30. At the check-in desk they're great when they're there. They don't get up early, and leave early too. The room: It looked very clean. Well designed. Small but efficient kitchenette, sink, counter, 2 burner stove, and full size fridge. Drawers and room for pots, pans etc. Bed very comfy. Desk, chair and tv. Room avg. size. Did not see any pots, silverware or coffeepot though, so I asked at the desk. They said pots were available for a fee, but they were out. I bought a pan at Walmart. Same with the silverware. Coffeemakers they had, but they said I had to buy one. (no, not kidding) I borrowed one from a friend. I would go back there in a sec, if it wasn't for one thing. My 3rd day there, I walked into the room and there was a roach on the wall. Any other kind of bug, long as its not more than one or two , I don't care, but in my experience, where there's one roach, there's many, many, more. Its cause of that, I will not go back . BC

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockwall
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall
Springhill Suites by Marriott Dallas Rockwall
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront
Hampton Inn Dallas-Rockwall
6 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Best Western Plus Wylie Inn

Been to WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall? Share your experiences!