“Breakfast with the Gals”
Review of La Madeleine

La Madeleine
Ranked #31 of 189 Restaurants in Rockwall
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have a group of friends that meet together often. This is one of our favorite spots. They have little rooms that if you want a bit more seclusion for your conversation you can pick a spot that is set apart. The food is always great. Their menu is varied enough to accommodate our group's different dietary needs and they are great about letting you sit and linger over the company.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place is great- try the croque Monsieur or a pastry. Prices are excellent for what you get. We visited twice while visiting from out of town.
Pastries are very reasonably priced. There is something here for everyone.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Loved this place- the staff were helpful - best design I've seen in these bakeries - structure for the lines to order, food prepared right in front of you, bakery items available in a distinct separate line but yet accommodations from staff if you were both eating in and taking out. Friendly people who made eye contact and seemed to care that the customer was pleased. Restaurant was clean and well stocked for things like silverware, jam, bread samples, cups etc.

Love sitting by the open fireplace - it's warm and cozy and great place to just relax after a long drive.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Either buy it hot in different size cups OR buy it bottled...full fat or low fat...that is a great kitchen staple OR a gift. Consider this for the cold winter days ahead!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I have never heard of this place and was happy I found it! At first I was confused on how they operate because there is a cafeteria like line but they explained everything. There is a bakery up front with coffee, lattes, etc. which I always enjoy. I had lunch here and tried something I've never had before called Chicken Friand, it was very good. Everything looked delicious but I only made it there twice. I will definitely go again when in the area.