“Great time No Mojito's”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Good food good music. NO MOJITO ' S claim they don't have mint but they have several huge pots of plants that they could grow mint in on their patio, I don't get it

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This has been our favorite restaurant in Rockwall for over 20 yrs. Food is excellent with specials each night. Hard to say which we like better, the seafood or meat entrees. Salad comes with meals and the house dressing is delicious.

1  Thank Ed M
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Late review: thought I had already written and submitted this; found today that I had not. It is from a year-end experience.

This place has always been at the top of Mom's list as a place to go, and we have celebrated Christmas Eve and/or New Year's Eve dinner(s) here for about the last 12 years. It is the 'child' to venerable steakhouse, Culpepper's, located right next door, and both have been staples of the Rockwall dining scene for over a quarter century.

The food has always been inventive and of good quality, but this last visit was a bit of a disappointment -- in several ways: As always, the place was very crowded; good for business but bad for noise level. For some reason, whether the hard surface floor, construction of the place or whatever, it always seems loud, but the din is becoming uncomfortable (perhaps just a sign of old age).

The food when delivered was warm, but not hot. I had requested that my steak be served with a sauce that was on the menu with a different preparation, as I prefer it to the one paired with my steak offering. That did not happen. Worse, when I pointed it out to the waiter, he flat-out LIED to me; telling me it was the sauce I had requested, when it clearly was not... evident in the fact that it was identical to the person sitting next to me at the table in both appearance and taste. I can tolerate errors, and even luke-warm food, and even a bit of unexpected toughness and gristle in the Filet I got, but I do NOT tolerate liars well!

On those counts, I am guessing it's time to find a new place for our family outings.

1  Thank BobW75087
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Business/casual dining. Good choice for a special occasion. Good seafood / pastas / steaks. Has patio dining in good weather.

1  Thank Crystal R
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Fine dining in a small intimate setting. Reservations suggested on the weekends. Wonderful lobster bisque, lamb shank that falls off the bone and cognac filet that is the best in town. Almond crusted trout, great salads and outdoor dining available

1  Thank StephenLBrewster