“slow waitress = cold food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rockwall, Texas
“slow waitress = cold food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I decided to drive the two blocks to the 66 diner and have breakfast. I have eaten there two or three times before and the food and service has been okay. I did not get the best waitress this time. She was probably early forties and knew everyone that came in. After taking my order she took the time to visit with three groups of people.
One table that arrived about twenty minutes after I did received their food about the time mine came. Their breakfast was probably hot. The eggs on mine were room temperature, bacon cold and the toast was cold and dried out. The food was probably fine when the cook put it in the pick up area twenty minutes earlier. I think this will be my last trip to the 66 Diner.

• Visited June 2013

Blue Ridge TX
“Everything on the menu is good!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I have not found one thing I have not liked at this Diner.

From breakfast to lunch or breakfast for lunch it's all good!

I can say I have never tried their desserts as I am always way too full to eat any!

• Visited March 2013
Plano, Texas
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

First time eating here and we will definitely be back. Great food, friendly staff, they make you feel at home. I had the country fried steak and it comes with eggs, toast, and hash browns. Nice portion.

• Visited May 2013
Dallas
“Good Local Joint for Breskfast”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff is extremely friendly and does a nice job remembering the "not so frequent" regulars and knows all the "real" regulars by name. My hubby and I have been here many times for breakfast and continue to return. The food is always consistent and the waitresses and cooks never complain if you ask for a "special" order. A nice local cafe on the Rockwall scene. Try it!

Royse City, Texas
“Very Good Food, Crowded”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food here is very good. There is always a crowd, so they obviously have a loyal following. Parking is terrible and the atmosphere inside the restaurant is loud and chaotic. It's known as a great breakfast place and we very much enjoyed our breakfast. But the breakfast was not really any better than our usual breakfast go-to place, Burgers and Fries on Hwy 276 in Royse City. All-in-all, it was good eating but I don't see what all the hype is about. Their name is perfect because they do a good job of bringing back the old fashioned diner experience of the 50's and 60's. If that's what you're looking for, this is the place to go.

• Visited January 2013