“Convenient & friendly”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Rockwall
A TripAdvisor Member
“Convenient & friendly”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've visited this location probably six times in the past year. It has become my home away from home. The location is convenient for me & the staff is very friendly. They know & recognize me now when I call or come in. As far as I can determine, the same staff has been there for at least the past year, which is how long I've been coming there. To me, this says a lot about the hotel itself, that there isn't a big turnover in personnel.

The price is very reasonable, especially now that I'm an Elite member! Be sure to sign up for LaQuinta Rewards. The perks & occasional free nights are worth the few minutes it takes to apply.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq6008gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for the outstanding ratings you gave us and for your comments. We look forward to seeing you soon! MP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had to stop here on our way to San Antonio since we left our electricty-less home late due to a freak snow storm. Stayed here because it was one of the few hotels in the area that not only had a room but wasn't to expensive. With the government rate, we got a king suite for less than a standard room at the Hilton.

Granted, the bed wasn't as nice as the Hilton or Hampton Inn, but the setup was better for our family that included 2 babies. Since we got in late, we didn't spend much time exploring, but my wife enjoyed the hotel and its large room.

The hotel can be a little tricky to get to off the hotel, but that's partly Rockwall's design. Going west, if you miss the exit, it'll take a while before you can turn back around. There's plenty to eat right around the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
lq6008gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We apologize that your experience from a year ago was not what you expected from La Quinta. It is our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations in serviceand accommodations, so it is with disappointment that I hear how we’ve fallen short of that goal. We have since been renovating our rooms since you stayed with us. We believe the rooms are much nicer than before. If you are in the Rockwall area again we hope you give us another chance. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta are our top priorities.
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel was very nice, it was quiet, and the desk clerk held a room for me until close to four in the morning.
The room was clean and comfortable, and I didn't hear noise from the hall from people who got up before me.

• Stayed October 2013
Oklahoma City
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'm still so angry at TripAdvisor and LaQuinta I'm going to keep this short. I invite you to contact me and I will be HAPPY to relay our mostly - but not entirely - negative experience. We were lead to believe this was a nice, redone proptery.

Truthfully, this is an OLD La Quinta, owned by a cheapskate owner. There is new paint, carpet and drapes. But the mattresses were old. And they can't be bothered to properly outfit their rooms with simple things like soap dishes, glassware and silverware (even plastic), etc.

They claim the rooms at the south end of the hotel - on each floor - are smoking rooms and the ones on the north are not. But my entire family had the headaches and stuffy noses to prove our north room had been RECENTLY smoked in - heavily. The room had been fumigated before our arrival but that is NOT the same thing. They should not be claiming we stayed in a "100% smoke free" room. La Quinta customer service quickly declared (for the first time) "We don't guarantee smoke free rooms in hotels that allow any smoking." Shame on me - once.

In the morning there were smokers EVERYWHERE. At every door. At the end of our hallway. There were cigarette butts all over the parking lot, some had been there a long time.

With the exception of the lazy night clerk (who'd clearly seen our kind before), the staff was excellent.

Fine - it is a smoking hotel. They should exist. But my biggest problem:
Did you notice the new little line appearing on many (not all) TripAdvisor reviews for La Quinta hotels and others?
"Review collected in partnership with La Quinta."
We have WITNESSED hotel employees soliciting reviews from guests who were CLEARLY inexperienced with TripAdvisor. This is skewing the ratings - and I think this is cheating. Look how many there are!

As a matter of fact, there is a review from just a week before our stay where the General Manager replies to her own "Review collected in partnership with La Quinta"! So much for impartial...

We will NEVER stay in another La Quinta property because of the deception of these reviews. I'm darn near close to quitting TripAdvisor forever. It's easy for me to prove I'm a real person with real reviews - just check my profile over many years.

SHAME ON YOU TRIPADVISOR AND LA QUINTA.

Room Tip: If you smoke, this is a great choice. If you don't, RUN. FAST.
4 Thank 5genoklahoman
lq6008gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta. It is our goal to exceed our guests' expectations in service and accommodations, so it is with disappointment that I hear how we've fallen short of that goal. We try our best to keep our non smoking rooms as non smoking. We do tell guests that they will be fined if they smoke them as well. However, there are some guests who will smoke in them regardless. If we find out when a guest smokes in a non smoking room we do ask that guest to quit or they would be asked to leave the hotel.

As for the comment about the Tripadvisor reviews being untruthful. All reviews are submitted by real guests. The line saying "Review collected in partnership with La Quinta." means that we used a link that we send out to our guests to make it easier for them to leave feedback about their stay with us.

Per our policy we guarantee 100% satisfaction, we have refunded your stay back to your credit card.

Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

MP
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed July 22, 2013. Interesting lobby feature. Found a charming restaurant that was very pet friendly. "Carino's Italian Grill" is very easy to get to. Breakfast area was surprisingly small but clean and pretty well equipped.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for writing a review for your recent visit to the Rockwall La Quinta Inn & Suites.
Your opinion is very important to us. We are constantly striving to provide the best guest experiences and I truly thank you for sharing your great experience. MP
Mooresville, Indiana, USA
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Traveled with my two kids to see sights in Dallas / Fort Worth area. Hotel was very conveniently located to do just that. I know the area fairly well and like all the food and shopping that surrounds this La Quinta in Rockwall.

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful!!!! Will definitely stay there again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq6008gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent visit to the Rockwall La Quinta Inn & Suites. Your opinion is very important to us. We are constantly striving to provide the best guest experiences and truly thank you for sharing your great experience. MP
Seguin, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great location......within walking distance of a couple of restaurants and a Target. Right off the highway but set back about a block (away from the traffic). Nice indoor pool and a really nice breakfast. The morning we were there MaryLou was working in the breakfast room and was above and beyond helpful with my family. We also requested a room close to an exit and we got one ight across from the exit door. Would absoluely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. Our team very much appreciates the recognition.It's our goal to make our guests feel like they are at home while they travel for business or leisure. Thank you and please come stay with us again soon. MP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockwall
Hilton Dallas / Rockwall Lakefront
Hampton Inn Dallas-Rockwall
WoodSpring Suites Dallas Rockwall
Comfort Suites Lake Ray Hubbard
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall? Share your experiences!