“Leave the kids and get the crab dip”
Review of Zanata

Zanata
Ranked #2 of 189 Restaurants in Rockwall
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: Our hand-tossed pies are baked in a 900° wood oven. Our chefs then top them with organic ingredients, local produce and imported cheeses. Local favorites are the Truffle Pie with tartufo, potato, pancetta, rosemary and egg; the Standard with pomodoraccio tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil; and most of all - our Crab Dip. Everything is cooked to perfection 100% in our wood fire oven.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner on a Friday evening. We arrived at 6:00 and were seated right away- probably because there were only two of us. We ordered the crab dip appetizer based on the recommendations on this board. My wife didn't enjoy the crab dip as much as I did- she thought it tasted fishy... it certainly had a strong seafood taste to it but it was good. I can see why it is recommended by so many people. It was served with a really thin bread (almost like a cracker) called lavosh and ciabatta bread.

After the appetizer, we ordered a "New York White Pie" (quite simply Pizza with white sauce) to share. We had enough to share and even didn't finish all of our pizza.

The atmosphere was certainly on the loud side, I certainly wouldn't call it a romantic environment but it is good for a date as long as you expect it to be a little loud. While we were there, we saw one table with kids and one family with kids waiting... but the majority of the parties were adults only. I'm not saying not to take your kids- but just saying my impression was it didn't appear to be a restaurant that targets family dining.

Finally, we were dressed casual (e.g. I wore shorts, sandals and a polo) and I fit in very well. Almost every waiter/waitress I saw had visible tattoos but service was excellent and our waiter was very attentive.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Food was excellent! I had the vegetable plate which was fabulous! Atmosphere and service also great!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was my first time to Rockwall, so I looked up the top restaurants in the areaon trip advisor and Zanata was #1. The atmosphere was nice. The food was good but a little pricey just for lunch. I would go back again though.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I love to make my own pizzas, but when I want a special pizza with great wine I choose Zanata's!! Their salads are delightful as well, so big you can share between 2 - 3 people.

We will keep coming back and bring our friends.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is an upscale restaurant that serves the best gourmet pizza around. It is a little pricey, but well worth it for the goat cheese pizza. Great for a special dinner date, or anniversary.