“Nasty”
Review of Sorrells Inn

Sorrells Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocksprings
Sorrells Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Rocksprings B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2013

One of the biggest dumps I have ever stayed in and I have traveled the world. The room was not only filthy, the carpet terribly stained, it stunk very much on the air quality of the room. It needs a major paint job in the room we stayed in, a spider had built a web behind the bathroom door. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. The only other one that may be better is the Rocksprings Historic Hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank William C

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a place that has sheets that smell clean. Yup. I could smell the bleach. This made a big difference.We found the kingbed room with plenty of space. Mr. Sorrell sure was a great raconteur. Enjoyed all the information. If you want a good price with a clean sheets this is it. If you want more then you need to pay more.

Room Tip: He has two locations one is mostly for Oil workers. So, try and stay on the family side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jveronicayork
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We found Sorrell Inn on the web, made reservations, but when we got there the owner sent us to his other Motel , Mesa Motel.Bait and switch? This was the armpit of all motels.I was Leary because of the stains on the walls, but we were headed to the lease and I did not have time to inspect. But I did when we got back. Disgusting hair all in the bedspread,stains on the floor and walls. So I pulled back the covers and the bottom sheet and omg! A threadbare thin sheet was the only thing between me and that nasty stained mattress! No mattress protector at all. Along with the stains there were bugs and filth in the crevices of the mattress where it was stitched. There was only the back to the smoke detector no smoke detector at all. The windows appeared to be painted shut in the bathroom. I threw a hissy fit and we got the room next door with the brand new mattress, but it,s a smoking room. I do not think they own a bottle of cleaner a mop nor a broom. The mini blinds were missing blinds to the extent you had no privacy in the bathroom. I wondered when I walked into the bathroom why would someone have the blinds up in the bathroom? Only because you are trying to hide the fact part of them are missing? The tub was gross, so gross I sent my husband to Lowes to buy disinfectant so it could be scrubbed before I set foot in the shower. This room had a smoke detector, but it had no lights on in it to indicate it was working. The bedspread had a ton of animal hair in it, they do have a daschund. Around the door knob there was dirt, how could they not see that? There was a broke electrical prong sticking out of the socket above the bed.the walls in this room has stains on them as well as the floor. Dead bugs in the corner. This was one of the most nastiest places we have stayed, but everything else in the immediate area was booked.

Room Tip: Run!!! Far away!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed there mid September while looking for property to buy, the place is nice, clean, and very accomodating. Owner is real nice...good people! Going back soon while we get our property ready!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Terra C
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here the first weekend of August. Everything was great. The people were nice and the room was clean. We were very pleased with how accommodating they were, we got in very late and they left our key in the room with it unlocked and let us come pay in the morning (we called before hand to tell them we would be in late). It was a good price at $55.50. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tina R
Reviewed March 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed one night at the Sorrells Inn because every other room in the small town was booked. Upon arrival, I checked us in with the older gentleman who works and lives there. He's a really nice guy, and I enjoyed talking with him. But once we entered the room, it was all downhill from there. As far as the furnishings go, it wasn't that bad, but the room did have an odor to it. Unfortunately, the room had not been cleaned before we arrived. The carpet was dirty, and when you walked across the room in your socks, you could feel that you were stepping on debris and dirt that had been tracked into the room. The sheets on our bed were worn out and had a cigarette burn. The sink in the room wasn't clean either, and the bathroom was even worse. My wife walked in the bathroom and immediately saw a wad of hair in the bathtub. The comode hadn't been washed or scrubbed since the last person had used it...just trust me on this one, and I'll spare you the details. It was probably the filthiest motel room that either one of us had ever stayed in. Having said this, if you're a hunter, or an oil field worker, and you're just looking for a place to crash in for the night, and you don't care if the room is clean or not...then this is precisely the place for you. We paid $75 for a room with a king-size bed and a smaller twin size bed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Joseaj

Been to Sorrells Inn? Share your experiences!