“Perfection”
Review of Little Bay Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Little Bay Club
“Perfection”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Words cannot express the experience that I had at this resort. The cottages are truly amazing, nicest pool in town, and by far the nicest front desk manager I have ever met. Must stay!!!! I would say that this place will make your stress disappear as it is the most relaxing place on earth.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jhgfujsb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for 3 months from november 27 ,2012 to march 1, 2013. We enjoy our visit very much , The cabin we had was just right for us and our private patio was so enjoyable , to relax or have friends over , Maggie and the grounds keeper Chuck were always so helpful , and ask to make sure we were comfortable .we hope to go back next winter .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 484elainem
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful value for great rest and relaxation. 2nd time here. I adore the laguna style pool.My fiance, pooches,and i stayed 3 nights.Maggie was extremely helpful and attentive considering we had a late check in and decided to stay an extra day last minute.will return! An ironing board/iron would be a great addition :)

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank elgme
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very clean, comfortable cottages. Great location, close to The Glow, liquor stores, grocery, etc. Very responsive management. I had some concern based on previous reviews, but the cottage more than met my expectations. I was so delighted, we booked a return trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gregory B
Katy, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I met our best friends from Lubbock for a long weekend at Little Bay Club in Rockport this past weekend, 10-11-12- through- 10-14-12. First of all, Maggie was so attentive to our every question about restaurants, fishing, etc....and she found the perfect cottage for us, Cottage # 11..we shall return and hope to get that cottage, 2 bedroom and 2 bath. The mattresses were quite comfortable, towels, and just down to every need was already accomadated in the cottage....oh, how we loved the front porch to sit and talk each morning, loving the view and beautiful surroundings....convience to shopping and the pier was the best for fishing!! Quite well maintained with good lighting for night fishing......this will be a favorite spot for us to continue through the years.....Highly recommend by us. The pool was a great place to enjoy the tropical enviornment and sit and relax, listening to the water.......We all loved it and plan to go back!!!!!! A great place to relax and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: So many great cottages to enjoy and all have great patios to sit on with charcoal grills on each pat...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike R
Seguin, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was our second year here and I must say what a difference a year makes, but sadly not for the good!!! Our cottage was dirty, and the quilts on the bed look old and all stained up. There was hair on the pillows also, how gross, and the lovely roaches, large and small.
We could not use the pool because a huge group of people took it over every single day and nobody else could use it, but that is okay it had this nasty looking white foam in it anyway.
Cottages are very run down, and the pier needs work bad, loose boards and missing boards are quite dangerous. We Will not be staying here next year, what a shame!!!! DOn't let the pics posted fool you, and the kitchen appliances hardly work at all, and harldy no pots and pans and no lids and not even a can opener!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JoJoJo01
Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My family has been staying at Little Bay Cottages for 6 years. We wanted a place for our family and friends to get together annually. The first 3 years were outstanding. The cottages were old, but were maintained and decorated with designer quilts and pillows. The 4th year we noticed that the property was starting to be neglected, but we decided to give it another try for the 5th year. We kept thinking that the management would wake up and see what needed to be done. This was our 6th and worst visit, and I can safely say that it will be our last visit.

We rent anywhere from 6 to 10 cabins every year. There are only about 14 cabins on the property so we contribute quite a bit to the income of the property for four days every year. The cottages definitely need a paintbrush and more than just a "lick and a promise" type of cleaning. I wore my flip flops in the shower as the shower curtain was so mildewed. The mattresses need to be changed out as they have served their time. The towels are atrocious so if you decide to go to Little Bay, bring your own! The sofa in my cabin was dirty and full of suspicious stains. When I found the condom wrapper between the cushions that my grandchild was sitting on, I was totally grossed out. We also found used condoms in the shrubs around the pool area.

The pool area---hence the problem. We chose Little Bay six years ago because of the beautiful pool. The view of LIttle Bay is awesome too. But! The pool is the main reason that I will not bring my group back! About 1:00 every day, people from off premise, cheaper cabins would descend on the pool. This pool is large enough ONLY for this main property. Two to four adults and 17 kids would show up and take over the pool area. We counted them so this is NOT an exaggeration. These kids from the ages of 3 - 15 would push and shove everyone out of their way. Pick up pool toys and floats and use them as their own. Swim between adults who were trying to visit in the pool with family and friends. It was total invasion. Folks who were staying at the cottages would just pack up and leave rather than contend with the issues. When the "management" was told of this situation, their reply was "they must have invited some friends." Seriously?? And the comment regarding the condition of the property was "it is what it is." These folks would stay until 7:00 at night and then no one wanted in the water after it had been used all day by people who never got OUT of the water! The restroom in the pool area used to be a good idea, but not now. It had 2" of water and urine on the floor.

People who were not staying and paying would just walk through the gate around the pool and party till late hours of the night. One night local restaurant employees came in after work (still in uniform shirts so I know where they worked) and stacked the bar around the pool area with glass bottles. Some of these were found at the bottom of the pool the next morning. Even children know there should be NO GLASS in a pool area. You might be a paying guest, but there are no amenities! After so many years of staying here, we would get up the next morning and clean up after the all night parties so we could enjoy the pool until the 1:00 "crowd".

The pictures that are online are a joke. I am sorry but I did not take photos to share on Tripadvisor because I was so disgusted by this great place turning into disarray, The online photos is what it USED to look like. Those green umbrellas are long gone. I was told I could have an umbrella for the pool if I "wanted to be responsible for it". Also check the dates of the comments as most of them are from years past. The folks who gave a thumbs up came in May and obviously did not have to contend with the out of school crowds of small children and partying college kids. I am sad to say goodbye to what used to be a great family tradition in Rockport, but we will be looking for another location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank texassunandsand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
Inn At Fulton Harbor
Inn At Fulton Harbor
#1 of 4 in Fulton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton

Been to Little Bay Club? Share your experiences!