“One of the very few bright spots for eating in the area”

Bellino's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellino's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 97 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family Owned since 2004! Owner, Francesco was born and raised in Palermo, Sicily and moved to the States with his wife, Susan and opened their first Trattoria style restaurant. The food is fresh, local, and lovingly prepared celebrating the traditions of Francesco's family heritage. Buon Appetito!
Sedona AZ
“One of the very few bright spots for eating in the area”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We discovered Bellino's Restaurant in 2008 while on a business trip in the area. We've been coming to the area from time to time since 1993 and have always been quite frustrated in finding any place we would want to eat at more than once. Once we found Bellino's however, we frankly stopped looking. The Sicilian host is friendly and wants to please. The menu is perhaps a bit limited, but in about a dozen times of eating dinner there, we were never disappointed. We were especially fond of Tiramisu, made "Sicilian style", which is quite different from the tiramisu, but was excellent.

I agree with one reviewer that you should not sit outside, because mosquitoes in Rockport can be absolutely awful (we had to swat them in our hotel room every night for 15 minutes so we could sleep--apparently the room service was leaving the door open while cleaning the rooms!). That's true for ANY restaurant in the area, however, not just this one.

2 Thank colibri11

spring texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Big Ripoff"”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My son who is a certified chef was a part of a group of seven of us that were at the restaurant on a sunday night two weeks ago and his comment was "whoes canned food was this". The sauces were all the same and bill for what we had averaged over $20.00 per plate with out our wine tab. The sevice was poor at best and they metered the bread out as if it was the last piece they had. Over all the experience was poor and I guess they can get away with it since they are the only Italian restaurant in town.

Not worth the time.

1 Thank momeni2
Rochester, New York
“We could do better at home”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

The wine and bread were not so bad... we thought we were in for a treat... but as many others have stated, the "italian" dressing could have come straight from a grocery store plastic bottle. When the entrees were served, the Tilapia was super hot and was tasteless except for the hint of bland hot tomatoes poured over the top. My date's veal was tough and over salted, and the pasta was almost cold and undercooked. The marinara could have come out of the can, and as my date told the waitress, "I've had Lean Cuisine better than this." Not worth half of what we paid... which is too bad for a cute little place.

Austin
“Don't sit outside”
Reviewed May 14, 2009

My hubby, 2 kids, and I were seated outside. At first, this was great -- nice views, etc. But NO service. The food arrived more than one hour after ordering and was mediocre at best. THe waitress fawned over a larger table on the patio and ignored us. Mosquitos swarmed. We will never return!

Houston, Texas
“One word describes the food - TERRIBLE”
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Dinner at Bellino’s started off promising as we were met promptly at the door, seated right away, and Hazel, our waitress, got our drinks right out to us and the tea was very good. Unfortunately, that was to be the highlight of the night.

The bread and dipping oil were served first but neither had any flavor. The dipping oil was just plain Olive Oil with a few toasted capers thrown in. Maybe I’m spoiled but I’m used to herbs, a little diced tomatoes, and garlic; something to spice it up.

Served next was the salad and the first thing I noticed, as did a previous reviewer, was that the house salad dressing looked like it came out of a store bottle. Well, when I tasted it I knew why; I swear that it was Wishbone’s Italian Dressing which I’m very familiar with since I have it at home at least twice a week.
We had to wait quite a bit for our entrees. I had ordered the Spaghetti alla Bolognese ($19.95) and having had this type of spaghetti many times I know that it consists of a tomatoe based meat sauce with a little grated Parmigianino, a very light to white colored cheese, on top. Imagine my surprise when I got a plate full of a dark sauce with very little meat but lots of streaks of yellow cheese. But, I thought that I’d give it a try. Big mistake! It was so salty that I could hardly eat it. I would have sent it back, but by now it was after 8:00 pm and I figured that it would be after 9:00 pm before I got anything else and I was starving.

My friend, who by the way has Italian relatives and has been cooking their recipes for the last 30 years, didn’t fair any better. Her order of the special, Ravioli Bolognese ($18.95), was also very salty and the cheese inside the ravioli didn’t look nor taste like Ricotta cheese which is what is found in most ravioli recipes.

I overheard one waitress telling people that, “our chef is from Italy so everything is good.” Well, the chef must have off the night after Valentine’s Day. I honestly can’t see why it’s rated #2 in the city except that it’s the only Italian restaurant in town. In my opinion a chain restaurant (Olive Garden) would be better.