“was a nice place for the money”
Review of Bayfront Cottages

Bayfront Cottages
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I used to stay there years ago and it has come a long way . The staff was friendly and helpful . My room was clean and insect free and the A/C froze me out . I am looking forward to coming back at the end of September. A word to any fisherman dont buy bait at beacon bait stand this guy will rip you off ie. bought a quart of live shrimp one day only to find half were dead . another day bought a qaurt only to find i had 14 shrimp.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank David P
There are newer reviews for Bayfront Cottages

Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was my first trip to Rockport. The staff was very friendly, the room was cozy and comfortable. The swimming pool was great after being at the beach. The picnic area was nice especially having a pool table. The fishing pier was really convenient and well lit for night fishing. Just a great overall trip when the place you stay at sets the pace. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Bed was a little lumpy but manageable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank raymond c
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This place is for a big family like mine. We have a big family and when we go on vacation we like to try to stay all in one room; its a lot more fun like that. Well its hard to find a room like THE BUNK HOUSE at the BAYFRONT COTTAGES. This bunk house has 5 queen size beds, kitchen, living room, 2 restrooms, pool, pool table, and bar-b-q area. This is a good place to go for a big family!!! I know cause we have a big one! Thank you Bayfront Cottages

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa C
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband is a former motel owner, and we were both pleased with the service AND the room. I had read some less than stellar reviews of this place, and it just goes to show there are some people who can't be happy. Yes, the room first smelled like lysol- they had just MOPPED. That's the smell of CLEAN. I didn't see a single bug, like someone had complained about. I even took bug spray just in case... The pillows were fluffy and wonderful, despite reviews that said otherwise. It was QUIET, and all the guests were neighborly. We loved the pier. We have already made reservations for another trip for the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karaokekowgirl
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Booked a one-night stay with friends based on half-way decent photos online. In actuality, when we got there, it appeared more like run-down project housing. Room had dirty smell and appearance, like hadn't been cleaned in long while. Bathroom had hole with exposed wiring where light switch used to be. Not enough towels, so had to beg for two more from an unconvinced manager. The towels were very thin and had stains that hadn't washed out (if they were really washed at all) The BONUS of the night, however, was, to find BEDBUGS in both beds, between sheets, IN THE PILLOWCASES, and surrounding floor area. Our first and hopefully last experience with these critters. We were so sickened by the whole thing that we couldn't stand another minute in the place, so we packed our bags and woke the night manager to get our money back and leave. Before we could get our money back, though, the guy had to come to our room to see for himself that we were telling the truth. UNBELIEVABLE! Never again at that place!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank shopperlindy
lyles d, Manager at Bayfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

I am very sorry that you had this experience at Bayfront please let it be known that we take this problem very seriously. We have removed all the beds and bedding and sprayed the entire room. We have replaced the beds and anything that may have been infested, please let me apologize again for your experience we try to keep our rooms clean to the highest standards.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is the most minimalist "cottage" I have ever stayed in. There was nothing in the kitchenette other than a sink and appliances. No utensils of any kind, no towels, paper or cloth, the beds and pillows are rather frightening if you look under the sheets and pillowcases. The attitudes of employees is also less than stellar, except for the sweet little maid.
Don't bother for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank AuntBec
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Beds of stone or worse, pillows no thicker than a folded towel and when we asked for extra pillows were told they don't do that. No wash clothes or hand towels the 2nd day. No water pressure. Were told the floors had just been cleaned but they were slick as if greasy or cleaner was still on them. Thin panel curtains that could be seen through at night, offering no privacy. Customer service was appalling. They had my money and they did not care about my comfort or concerns. I will never stay here again and I will warn all those I can to steer clear of this place.

Room Tip: My advice is to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank country_girl_68__11

I am sorry you had this experience with us . We have replaced all our pillows with new ones ,and we have changed to a different cleaning compound so the floors don't feel slick . If you will come back I will personally see that you have a very nice stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#16 of 20 in Rockport
Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton

Been to Bayfront Cottages? Share your experiences!