After we received the key and went to our room, we found it unclean. Dirty glass on table. Bathroom mirror had been sprayed all over and only two wipes of a towel were done. Windows were dirty. Floor hadn't been swept or mopped. Top of refrigerator was caked with dirt.We brought it to the desk clerk's attention and asked for cleaning material so we could take care of it. We did get a broom and dustpan for the floors and used dish soap and water to clean the mirror. Chair at table was broken. Kitchen cabinets were caked with dirt from people opening and closing the door. Coils on stove were sticky. When the door to the balcony was opened, the wind blew a cracker wrapper out from under the bed. The recliner looked like it had been picked up off the side of the road. The next morning, we really looked at the bathroom. Under the toilet seat hadn't been cleaned. There was mold on the wall at the ceiling and the paint was bubbling off the wall. The bathtub was still dirty and the outside had either blood or feces dotted on it. Not sure what was splattered on the walls both in the bathroom and the bedroom, but it was disgusting. The sink still had someone elses toothpaste in it. Dishes and silverware in the kitchen cabinets were still dirty. We made a list and presented it to the desk. The third day and our last day, the toiletry bag was moved from the side of the sink at the wall, roaches crawled out of the plug outlet. That was the last straw for us. We didn't stay as long as we had intended, we packed rapidly and checked out. When we mentioned these things to the desk clerk and maintenance tech and told them that we were retired military and expected certain standards, the comment was "Oh well, that explains it." No, we spent $242 for two nights and expected cleanliness. We didn't get it. On a positive note, the hotel has an great view and the pier was a good fishing location. Watching the sunrise was very humbling and truly an expression of how awesome our Lord is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have one of the longest piers in Rockport lit up with green lights. We also have music on Friday and Saturday. A newly added boardwalk in front with BBQ pits. Paddleboat rentals and kayaks A swimming pool and a hot tub ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hunt's Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunt`s Castle Hotel Rockport
- Hunts Castle Rockport
- Hunts Castle Hotel Rockport