“Perfect for a fishing getaway”

Hunt's Castle Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were basic but spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. We had a recliner in our room which made us feel right at home, especially when watching TV at night. Great spot for a fishing getaway. Nice, quiet location. Husbands loved it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 14, 2010

If you're staying at Hunt's Castle for mostly a fishing experience on their pier, which I do, then you can probably overlook the shower stalls that leak onto the floor, the leaky toilets, and the non-working stoves, etc.etc.. But you must be made aware that on Sunday evenings (and probably on into the weekdays) that the local residents start to invade the property ( apparantly at the permission of mangement). The pier does not have a locked entrance gate and during my last trip in April '10, I personally saw at least two vehicles pull up and park on Hunt's Castle property right adjacent to the pool and right across the street from the pier. These people actually got into the pool and commenced to having a jolly good time, and then several others walked out onto the pier and succeeded in monopolizing the entire section of the end ("T" section) of the pier thereby disallowing the best fishing spots for paying residents. I walked out to the end of the pier about an hour before dark to be friendly to these people and see if there might be room for my son and myself to fish. I was very quickly told to "shove off" in so many words, that there was no room for us. I asked management about this situation during checkout the next day, and I was told that "these are guests from our other location." I asked, but was never told where this mysterious "other place" is located.The neighboring Condo just down the road has higher rates compared to Hunt's castle, but the gate on their pier is locked, their rooms are 10 times better, and they cater to their paying customers, not to non-paying, rude, local residents.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I can say I really enjoyed my stay at hunts castle was very comfortable it was every thing I wanted can't wait to go back ;) my home away from home

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Our Family Loved the spacious rooms, easy access to the parking area, pools and loved the pier. The fishing was great!!! The pool was nice ahd relaxing and I loved sitting on the balcony overlooking the water front. We rented a nice size suite for a fairly low price with a full size kitchen and dining table. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return and stay at Hunt's Castle and will refer this location to all our frien's and family.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2010

As a pilot who travels the world , I looked for a place to chill down by the sea .
Hunt's castle is right on the shore in a quiet street , has rooms watching the bay vista . Despite coming in August , it was really quiet , almost to the point that I thought I had the whole hotel to myself . I enjoyed the view , the very friendly staff , the hearty rooms that did not feel like those heartless chain hotels . It was all very quiet , very clean and was a pleasure to be there , watching the ocean , occasionally go dip in the spa or explore this gem city called Rockport . I highly recommend Hunt's castle if you wish a notch above the rest accomodation . I will surely come back soon . Thank you so much Mr. Patel for lovely time spent in your hotel !

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank GentfromTX
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The location of the hotel is awesome, especially if you enjoy fishing and relaxing. They are making improvements as it is an older hotel, which we have been coming here for the past 9 years and always keep coming back. Great pier, saltwater poll and just all around friendliness. Susan and Shirley in the office always want to assure your visit is pleasurable and Ken is doing his part in improvemetn and friendliness.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The service was excellent and the staff was very friendly and courteous. The waterview suites are very spacious and clean and comes with all everything you need for your getaway. Weather you want to fish on the lighted pier or just relax in the pool, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have stayed at several locations in Rockport but this is by far my favorite and I'm looking forward to my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
Best Western Ingleside
Best Western Ingleside
#3 of 5 in Ingleside
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Been to Hunt's Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!