“Our favorite place to stay in Rockport”

Hunt's Castle Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have been to Hunts Castle frequently over the last four years- we just recently stayed this past weekend for Memorial Day – 9/2/11 through 9/5/11. The suite we stayed in was room 102 – it has a full kitchen – there were two queen size beds and couch that pulls out to a sleeper. There is a door separating one bedroom from the rest of suite. The room also has two entrances. Our room faced the pier and was right in front of the pool. Across the street are covered picnic tables, bar-b-q pits, and the hotel is extremely close to Rockport Beach Park. Management provides coffee and doughnuts in the morning. There is also a DJ that plays music outdoors in the evening; we really love the atmosphere of Hunts Castle, and Rockport. We rarely go to Corpus Christi or Mustang Island, etc. anymore. And if we do we are usually disappointed. Hunts Castle is a Great hotel and is very family friendly. The staff is great as well. Very accommodating. Great location and again great atmosphere.

Room Tip: IF you have kiddos or if you want to be able to have a great view you should try to Request rooms in...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul M

Reviewed September 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed on Sept first and second 2011.

On the first night my wife realized that the bed sheets had not been changed because there was hair under the blanked and under the pillows. The bath towels were so old that when you wiped your skin with towel or wash cloth is felt like sand paper.

On the second night, after a long day of fishing my wife and I were looking forward to a good nights rest. At about 1:30 am there was roofers hammering, stomping around and sliding things around on the roof. This lasted ALL NIGHT LONG. I saw the roofers the morning when they were finishing up at about 9:30am.

Talked to Ravi (Front Desk Dude) about how we were displeased about what had taken place. After he talked to the manager, it was determined that because we had already stayed the night that a refund was out of the question. Maintaining my composure I then went on to say to him “So what you are telling me is that it is ok to disturb the customers at a rate of $99.00 with no option of a refund or attempt to satisfy the customer?” Ravi said that he will try to get me a free night’s stay after he talked to the manager. Ravi proceeded to say that he will call me back that day (Sept. 3, 2011).or the following day (Sept. 4, 2011). Well, it’s Sept. 9, 2011 and no call back (I saw it coming).

Called the office back (Sept. 9, 2011) to inquire about my free night stay and was told that Ravi informed the manager that I have received a refund for my stay. Obviously confused I am waiting to get into a conversation with Ravi about this once he gets in this afternoon. I will do a follow up post, stay tuned.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Holland1910
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We didn't know what to expect from this place. I have to admit, it exceeded our expectations. Staff was friendly. Only negative thing I can say is that they didn't have hot breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex W
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The owner called on my cell phone while we were travelling to the hotel, just to confirm our arrival time so our room would be cooled down and ready. Check in was a breeze, they treated us like special guests! The suite we stayed in slept 6 with full kitchen - door separating one bedroom from the rest of suite is perfect for those who want to rise early or come in late without disturbing the rest of the family, or to be able to put the babies down for naps. The room even had two entrances! The pool and hottub was crystal clear and just a few steps away from the room. Across the street was the shore with picnic tables, barbq pits, and cabanas. The private pier is amazing! Only a very short drive to the public beach with great playgrounds on them for the little kids, covered cabanas with barbq pits, and public facilities. HEB close by for groceries at reasonable prices, and restaurants ranging from cute little deli's to full service fresh seafood. We loved the hot coffee and doughnuts in the lobby where you can come and go as much as you like, also had ice cream freezer with large selection of treats. We will definitely return to Hunts Castle!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LAURIE C
Reviewed September 1, 2011

While in Rockport we stayed at Hunt's Castle. It is a quaint little hotel with an amazing location. No fishing on this trip for us but, we definitely will next time. Even if you don't fish be sure, to walk out on the pier, especially at night (for the romantic vibes)! This pier is the longest one I have ever seen and I have traveled around the world! It is a great value for the money and has a friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoxyDomme
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The rooms are always clean with great views. The salt water pool and hot tub are so relaxing. They have added some live intertainment, perfect. If your looking for great fishing at night, there is no other pier better than the castles pier. Our family has fished off this pier for over 60 years. The owner, Ken, has made many improvements over the last ten years that my wife and I have been coming, it just gets better every trip. better lighting, seating. Were looking forward to seeing what he's added on our next trip, next week.
Troy and Gina
Waco, TX

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank troutfisherman_11
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed once in July and again in August. The first visit we were so impressed with the quaintness of the area, the fishing pier, the dj in the evenings, the big rocking chairs on the balcony, the donuts in the mornings, and the waterfront location we overlooked the problems with the room - dust/dirt and hair on floor, outside door had no inside security bolt, the bathroom sink stopper was missing and the drain full of gunk and hair, the shower door was off the track, and the toliet paper wall holder was broken and the toliet paper was just sitting on the floor. When we went back in August, we were assigned the same room - 306. The same problems still existed with the exception of the paper holder, but now added was an ill-fitted standard commode seat on an elongated commode.

If you are looking for a crystal clear and clean swimming pool, the pool will be off limits to you. The pool is rather small for a three story hotel and was in use quite a bit by large groups on our visits. It didn't take long for the water to become cloudy and dirty. Overall, if you are looking for a 'fishing motel' this place has the one of the best locations in Rockport, a great fishing pier and beautiful water views. If you are looking for a hotel with clean rooms and a clean pool, this is not the place.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking the pool or at the 'water end' of the third floor - nice views and c...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank louHR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
#14 of 20 in Rockport
Pelican Bay Resort
Pelican Bay Resort
#7 of 20 in Rockport

Been to Hunt's Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!