“Great place to stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

A very good example of a Hampton Inn done right (well, they could use another elevator) the lobby is spectacular with a huge salt water fish tank and very good breakfast. The snack shop has all you need and the whole staff (thanks Shebly) was AUWSOME !
Room was clean (carpet could use a good cleaning in some spots) but over all a clean very place to stay. Pool and work out room is an added plus. I will return when in town next time!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 30, 2013

For the price it was the best in the area. Very clean, beds were acceptable, pool was very nice and hotel staff was very helpful. Complementary breakfast had a good variety. The rooms were very clean. Would like to have the TV's up higher so it would be more comfortable to watch from bed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about you recent stay. I am gld you were able to enjoy our variety of breakfast items. I am pleased to hear that our hotel staff was very helpful and that you enjoyed our wonderful pool area . We look forward to your next visit to Rockport - Fulton area.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been staying here for years. I hope the British do not effect the service and do not make the changes that they have made at other Hilton properties. I have been waiting for other changes since I was told Hilton was bought by a group or company from Britain.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about you recent stay. I can assure you the British will not affect our customer service. We are looking forward to your next visit to the Rockport - Fulton area.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The elevator broke during our stay, but was very quickly repaired. The pool area was nice and clean. The hotel was overall quiet and peaceful. The sheets didn't fit the bed, so they kept coming off the mattress. That makes for a frustrating night's sleep, struggling with a fitted sheet that doesn't fit!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about you recent stay. I am very pleased that we were able to repair the elevator as quick as possible. I am aslso glad to hear that your stay was quiet and peaceful.. We look forward to your next visit to Rockport.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Clean, modern, comfortable, excellent value, no surprises, well maintained, excellent management, very good breakfast, excellent sound proofing, plenty of TV channels, ample parking and entrances, appealing decor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about you recent stay. I am very pleased that you had a perfectly relaxing stay. We look forward to your next visit to Rockport.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed two nights this past weekend. The place is beautiful! Very clean, nice pool, good included breakfast, free wifi, friendly/helpful staff. Our room had a small fridge and microwave.

I would love to give 5 starts, but... The first night I got into bed and started to feel wet. Something had been spilled on the mattress, and as soon as I sat down everything above became saturated. To her credit, without complaint and with a smile, at 11 PM the front desk girl brought up new bedding and my husband helped her flip the mattress. I'm not sure how something like this could be missed by housekeeping. The sink also drained quite slowly. Towels were plentiful but a bit thin.

I wish the Rockport area was more affordable (hotel-wise) so I could visit more often. The Hampton was priced in line with other hotels in the area. Everything was booked, but I think $240 (taxes included) a night is a bit much for this area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family recently stayed at this Hampton Inn as part of a long beach weekend. I am typically skeptical of the average independently-owned beach hotel/motel. Most of them seem run-down or just not clean and tidy, hence my personal preference for corporate chain hotels (in these circumstances).

This Hampton is the #1 rated hotel in town on Tripadvisor, and it has certainly earned that ranking. The hotel is very nice and tidy, grounds are well maintain and aesthetically pleasing. Our room was ready upon our arrival, and the staff at the front desk were charming and courteous. The front desk has a massive aquarium, which is really a sight to see. The room itself was nice and typical for a Hampton. Bonus points for the DirecTV service in the room, as this added some options for our kids.

Breakfast service was spot-on (a special note of thanks to the woman who was running the breakfast operation, she was absolutely outstanding). In-hotel fitness room was small, but had enough equipment to get a workout in while on the road.

A few small negatives -- The housekeeping service was very, very slow in covering the hotel, and we returned to our room at 3:30pm to find it was not made up. We asked the front desk to take care of this, but it was a bit of a clumsy process. And to a bit of surprise, when we returned later, we found the door to our room unlatched.

One other negative -- the smoking. Hotels in this day and age should adapt to the increasingly low tolerance of smoking, and the smell of smoke really permeated the hallways. Although our wing of the hotel was a non-smoking area, clearly there were guests who callously disregarded that. To the hotel staff -- go 100% non-smoking!!!

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Rockport area. If they can fix up the housekeeping issue, I would rate this stay five stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family