Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Excellent Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not all are created equal, but this one definitely sets the bar high. From check in to the room to breakfast A+. This was the first time in this particular hotel and will make sure it is on my favorite's. I travel quite a bit for work and have stayed in my share of average hotels. I will make it a point to stay here when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My experience with Hampton Inn has always been great. The Hampton in Rockport is a great example of the wonderful reputation. Very friendly, helpful staff, clean, well-maintained grounds, large, very clean room and bath. The beds are like clouds and I had a great nights rest. Nice large breakfast area and breakfast included omelets and sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, fruit, waffles, pastries, and more. Again, the staff, including the breakfast manager, were wonderful and really made me feel welcome. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are almost always quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank texasrepublichistory
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This in one of the MOST hospitable hotels we have ever stayed at in Rockport! The entire staff was more than friendly and made us feel most welcomed. This is the first time we've stayed here and loved it. The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good but could use some variety on the weekend. Too bad it was too cold to try out the hot tub & pool outside. Our only suggestion would be to provide terry robes for those who venture to the pool/hot tub. Great place and look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Hotel was your typical Hampton, clean and quite, but the staff was nothing but warm and friendly and made us feel special. Becca and Jessi at the Front desk acted like they had known us forever and allowed us to check in early and stay late. Jessie even let us watch Bowl Game in Lobby since not enough space for 15 of us in a room. DJ always had a smile in the breakfast area each morning. It is because of the staff, we will return to this Hampton next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and our friends were first time guests at this hotel and we were all very pleased with the service we received during our stay. The large aquarium is a great way to entertain both adults and children during the check-in and check-out process. The lobby was clean and tastefully decorated for the holiday season and our room was clean and spacious. All the staff members were friendly, helpful and courteous. The young woman at the front desk gave us excellent restaurant recommendations and brochures about places of interest in the area. There was a wide variety of breakfast options so that we could choose something different each day.
I tried a couple of times to check email from the computers in the Business Center but was never able to do so because it appeared that the security settings wouldn't allow me to navigate beyond the home web page site. Based on the experience we had, I would choose this hotel again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have been staying here for years now. It has been rated several times as the best Hampton Inn in the USA and it is true... On weekends, sometimes you can upgrade to one of their giant suites for a tiny additional fee, so check with the desk when you arrive. Morning breakfast is fine, staff is warm and helpful. We travel to Rockport a few times each year for the birding (The Skimmer, well-run by Captain Tommy), the restaurants - GLOW - the best in Rockport and The Italian Hotplate over in Port A - via the fast ferry!
This is truly a lovely hotel, and a warm place to call home when you are in Rockport!

Room Tip: The back end Suites a wonderful, and reasonable if available...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently was a guest at this hotel in Rockport. This was my first trip to the area and was to visit family. The location is good and the directions were easy to follow. I did think the lobby and check in area was clean and in good condition. The young lady who checked me in was very helpful and even helped me locate a few restaurants nearby. I also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the breakfast hostess was friendly and attentive. My disappointment was in the cleanliness of the room. I have stayed at other Hampton's and they are all similar and this was no exception. However, the shower had not been cleaned thoroughly and had mold in tile grout and all along base of floor and door. Also, there were small things like handprints on desk and headboard when I arrived which I dismissed. However the shower was a different matter and there were also water spots, dirty spots, and buildup on the walls and in all the corners of the bathroom. I would have thought they were permanent marks but I wiped several off the wall with a cloth myself. It was not just a few things that one cleaning person neglected in the last cleaning but several that have not been cleaned in a while. I did mention it to the manager when checking out and hope they do a thorough cleaning of this room before someone else's stay.

Room Tip: Room was quiet at end of hall away from elevator and traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dfoxsk
redraider96, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We have fixed the bathroom issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 20 in Rockport
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Aransas

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton? Share your experiences!