Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Rockport)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesgreat hoteldefinitely stay here againbeds were very comfortableclean hotelcomplimentary breakfastwafflesnice poolrock porta great staynice place to stayfishing trippool and hot tubsausageport aransasshannoninns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2012

we have been going with other family members enjoyed the peacefulness..clean rooms and staff very helpful when we need things and info...Like the big suites..and of course the breakfast is great..I would not stay any where else but here....Not sure if they have these kind of rooms but i would like to have a room to connect to another so when we stay with other family we don't have to walk down the hall..we have been going for the last 3 summers and always stay here..so far we don't have any bad experiences..so like I said I will only stay here..Once I find a good place i stay unless other wise...

Room Tip: They have Large suites..which I like..
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed over the Easter break and yes there is a lot of renovations happening - but no inconvenience to the guests. So do not let that put you off this place.
The pool/hot tub is wonderful after a day out on the water or at the beach.
Friendly and helpful staff. Large comfortable bed and clean linen every day.
Brekafast was great and plenty to eat.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2012

They are doing a $300,000 renovation in the lobby-dining area with very little inconvience to the guest.

Breakfast was great. Room very clean

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

A group of us stayed here this past weekend for two nights. It was very nice and the staff was courteous and happy. The rooms were nicely furnished. A large screen TV, fridge and microwave. Bathroom had a nice large magnifying mirror which I loved. It was also very clean and had everything I needed. The towels left a little to be desired but after all the washing they go through, I can't really fault it. The bed was firm which I liked. They did have feather pillows which I do not like, but did have one small rectangular pillow which was very firm and that's what I used to sleep on. The bedding was attractive and comfortable.

The hallways are FREEZING for some reason but I set my thermostat to 77 in my room and it was just fine. The entire interior of the place was way too cold for my taste and during breakfast, it cooled off my food a little too quickly.

Breakfast was awesome. I love that they have the make your own waffles. It was kept tidy by Joe who was super pleasant and went out of his way to help with anything you needed. They are still doing maintenance around the building so all of the floor boards (kick boards) were missing and that wasn't attractive, but once things are finished I'm sure it will look nice.

The hot tub was great but at this time of year, the pool was too cold.

There were a few cons but they weren't deal breakers. The walls are super thin. I could hear my neighbors talking (but not what they were saying). I could hear the alarm of the waffle makers going off and I was on the 2nd floor. I could hear music playing from someplace at night while in bed. I could smell breakfast while still in bed which woke me up both mornings. That's about it, other than the maintenance going on. There were some orange cones in the breakfast area which were concealing some kind of metal pipe sticking up out of the floor!? Why would that be there and why hasn't it been removed?? It was right in the way of the walking path so that was strange.

It was nice to have complimentary cookies at the front desk and a station for coffee or hot tea whenever you wanted it.

All I can say to the staff is to turn the a/c down (or rather, make it warmer) in the common areas as I was not the only one with the complaint of it being too cold. I heard it from other guests as well. There didn't appear to be anybody actually working on the repairs so I can't say how long it's been like that, but you'd think it would be something that would be finished soon as it did make it look a little shabby and questionable. One would not know if this is how it ALWAYS looks or if it was temporary.

Overall, I'd recommend this property as the price was good for the standard room and it was only a block away from the water/pier.

Room Tip: Might want to stay away from the pool view just for the noise factor. It says it is closed after 11, but I don't know if that's enforced.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I am a hotel snob. I admit it. And yet there are places in the world, like Rockport TX where the options are limited. So we stayed in the Hampton Inn. The staff was incredibly nice, helpful and interested in making our stay pleasant. Really. It didn't feel like playing for tips either.

There is a decent hotel breakfast with hot and cold stuff.

Clean rooms, nice staff, efficiently run and reasonably priced. Looked like a great option for families too.

Although I prefer boutiques, this Hampton did a lot to get me past my snobbiness!

• Stayed: February 2012