“friendly service, wonderful fish”
Review of The Bar-B-Que Shack - MOVED

The Bar-B-Que Shack
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Whitehouse, Texas
“friendly service, wonderful fish”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Looking at the outside you might be scared to go in. But on the inside all is well. I had the fried fish & shrimp. Both were great. The serving size was as expected. $12.99 for two pieces of fish and about 8 shrimp with 2 sides. The kids shrimp had about 6. The coleslaw was not cold so I did not eat that. My husband had a BBQ Frito pie. He said it was good but had too many beans. He would not get it again. It was about $7 and was plenty of food.

Our waitress was super friendly and gave us tips on two local fresh fish markets. She was also very attentive. I had to stand up to help my six year old get her food situated and she was at the table instantly asking if everything was ok. A very nice surprise!

• Visited August 2014

Rockwall, Texas, United States
“This is real BBQ”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Tender and juicy BBQ with real smoked flavor. When we drove past it and saw and smelled the smoking going on, we decided to go there for lunch. Glad we did, best BBQ we've had in a long, long time.

Visited July 2014
Rockport, Texas
“what happened to the great black drum?”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

A few months ago I would have given this highest rating, but the last two times we ate there the black drum were awful. The fish were not the nice white color they had served in the past. They had a lot of dark wet areas from the backbone flesh. We asked the waitress what was up. She said it depended on who was cutting up the fish and how well they trimmed them. Me thinks they need to look into that. Meals are very reasonably priced, but if the fish have a lot of waste then not so cheap. Don't know if we will be going back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mousebg
Sauk Rapids, MN
“Pretty mediocre”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

BBQ is okay. Nothing to write home about, and not up to general Texas standards. Selection is fine, but the meat choices were rather tasteless, and tended toward dry and overcooked.

Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“BBQ was average”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Not my favorite BBQ. It was missing that good smoked flavor in a brisket that I must have to really like it. The brisket I had was almost too lean and dry. I didn't care for the pinto beans or potato salad either. No atmosphere.

Visited May 2014