“Breakfast all day”
Review of Copano Bay Cafe - CLOSED

Copano Bay Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've only eaten breakfast here but one of the main attractions is that it is served all day. Eggs over easy were perfect and not greasy. Kitchen potatoes were flavorful and the rye toast was a nice change. I substituted tomatoes for the bacon as I'm vegetarian. The waitress was very nice about letting me know of veggie options for lunch or dinner and that the kitchen was very accommodating. Not fancy but comfortable and bright. My husband and his brother love that the waffles are "American" (thin and round) instead of Belgian (thick and square).

1  Thank tazcaly

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had a fantastic visit here! we came from Austin and heard from the locals that this was the place to go! Food was great! Portions were GREAT! & My family and i got treated like no other in the place! very welcoming! We have family down here and this is #1 in our book

1  Thank Monkey5734
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Pros: Prices are low, Portions are good, staff is friendly, food is good.
Cons: Chairs are extremely uncomfortable.

We have eaten here a few times and the Chicken Fried Steak and Fried Shrimp are very tasty. However, this past Sunday we ate dinner here and their special was Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots. We were unable to eat this dish due to the fact that the Pot Roast itself had so much salt in it, I could feel my feet swell as I swallowed! I tried to eat a few bites, but I just couldn't do it. Then to add insult to injury, the potatoes and carrots had no salt at all. So I tried to take a bite of the roast with the vegetables, but the salt on the roast was just too overpowering.

To spare feelings, I was just going to get to-go boxes and take the food home to discard, but I can't lie and when the waitress asked me how it was, I had to be honest and tell her that it was way over-salted. She said they had been serving it all day with no complaints. I told the girl who checked us out that most people won't say anything, they just never come back. Plus since they had been cooking the roast all day, maybe the salt concentrated, I don't know.

I generally put way too much salt on my food normally, but if it's too salty for me, it has to be too salty for others. The waitress did try and only charge me for the drinks and coleslaw, but I insisted on paying for the pot roasts even though I couldn't eat it. I told her I didn't tell them about the roast because I was trying to get a free meal, I just thought they needed the feedback so they could adjust the seasonings. A lot of people have sodium restricted diets and the amount of sodium in that meal would be enough for a week! It is much easier to add salt than to take away. (That is one thing I will say about Latitudes in downtown Rockport, I have never had anything there that was too salty and I have never had to add salt to anything. That is a true sign of a great Chef.)

All that being said, I would still recommend this place to eat. This was the only bad meal I have had here and I will go back for some yummy Fried Shrimp and great breakfasts.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We recently ate at the Copano Bay Cafe in Rockport, Tx and found the food to be very good and in large quantities. The food was fresh, prepared very well and the taste was like home cooking. The fried mushrooms were plentiful and not greasy. The cafe is simple with wall murals resembling the Mediterrainian. The prices were very inexpensive. Food was prepared as you ordered, so it came out hot and fresh. Daily specials are a bargain. Would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went there last week for the first time with our staff of 8 people. I had the bacon cheese burger with curly fries, it was awesome! Everyone at the table liked what they ordered.

1  Thank Betty A