“Great Texas BBQ”

Stevie Lew's BBQ Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 95 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Great Texas BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Meinhausen Family of Rockport owns Stevie Lew's BBQ Kitchen (website: http://www.stevielewsbbq.com/) which is located right in front of the Seaport Village RV Park (website: http://www.seaportvillagervpark.com/) which is also owned by the Meinhausen Family. In addition, their other family-run business is Rockport Coffee Co. (website: http://www.rockportcoffee.com/) which is located in the BBQ Kitchen. This place has some of the best BBQ I have ever eaten. It is always moist with a great smoky flavor that doesn't overwhelm the meat flavor. Their burgers are also very good as are their side dishes. I love their potato salad and think it is the best that I've ever eaten. Their beans are good, but not great, because they don't have much flavor other than just "bean flavor"! I like spices and heat in my beans, so when I bring them home I make them to my liking. If you like coffee, Rockport Coffee Co. is the place to buy it. They roast their coffees on site, and they have a great selection of coffees and teas! I have had them cater several parties for me. They are very helpful working with me to get the right amount of food, and they are more than reasonably priced! So don't come to Rockport-Fulton without stopping by this wonderful little family-run business!

• Visited July 2013