“Open Sundays Now!”

Apple Dumpling Deli
Ranked #15 of 98 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Welcome to Our Apple Dumpling Deli! Under new ownership - April 1, 2016 Our goal is to continue a 16-year tradition of great food with a renewed focus on customer satisfaction. We've spruced things up a bit, but we're keeping the same menu. Stop by for lunch and let's get to know each other!
Sun City West, Arizona
“Open Sundays Now!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

After reading the reviews, I identified this place for lunch on a Sunday. One review, though, said it was closed on Sundays but the good news is they are now open on Sundays from 11 to 4. We loved the Ruben sandwiches and of course the apple dumpling a la mode. No kids' menu but the staff are more than willing to adjust the sandwich menu to accomodate kids. Home feel and good food. Will be back.

• Visited August 2014

Rockport, Texas
“Tasty food in a small town”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were 4 adults and 1 child. Everyone found something they desired on the menu. 1 salad, 1 sandwich/soup combo, 3 sandwiches for the 5 of us. Sandwiches are large; 3 types of bread baked on the premises, all were soft and tasty. Desserts sounded scrumptious but we were too full.

Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Mediocre”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had a hankering for a fresh salad & this was the only place I could find. Service was very slow but I guess you shouldn't be in a hurry in a resort town. I got the salad with grilled chicken. The chicken was like rubber & tasteless. The rest of the salad was drenched in salad dressing. I mostly picked at the lettuce and left 98% of the meal on my plate. Left hungry. But, I did notice the sandwich platters being delivered near me looked good. Unfortunately, I can't eat gluten, so I couldn't order any of those. So, if you are a sandwich eater, you might try this place.

• Visited July 2014
San Antonio
“Lucky find”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Came across this deli by chance. Checked reviews and they were good.The sandwiches and deserts we ordered were excellent. Bread is made in house and excellent. Sandwiches were huge,so if you are not hungry get the half sandwich. Does close at 3:00 and they say they run out of some items. A great family run and friendly restaurant. Will visit next time we are in town.

Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I am surprised that this restaurant made #2 in Rockport Trip Advisor. My Waldorf sandwich was bland, the sourdough bread was unremarkable. The option to grill or toast the bread was not offered. I'm glad we ordered the apple dumpling which somewhat redeemed my opinion of the restaurant.

Visited June 2014