“Nice place, but huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Latitude 28 02

Latitude 28 02
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice place, but huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We wandered over here without a reservation after going to Wine Fest. It is a very pretty place with art all over. This is a beach town so people don't really dress up, but a nice dress would certainly be appropriate. We shared a shrimp cocktail with lump crab to start--very good, but between the eight shrimp and large pieces of crab we had a bad feeling we weren't going to be able to finish the entrees. Entrees come with bread and delicious garlic (herb?) butter and soup or salad. The salad was good, if not extraordinary; I ordered the vinaigrette with blue cheese, and they were very generous with the cheese. I couldn't finish my salad. I ordered the fish Oscar, which was snapper with hollandaise, asparagus and crab. It came with green beans amandine and orzo. The hollandaise was a little too lemony; otherwise, the food was good but way, way too much--I left at least half on the plate (incidentally, for such a pretty place, the crockery is industrial ugly). My husband had steak with Boursin butter, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. The steak was an 8 ounce tenderloin--the right size and very tender. Service was pleasant. I would be happy to return but would have to remember to skip an appetizer.

Visited May 2014

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Vacation to Rockport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Had dinner and the ambiance and service was great but the food was average. I would still recommend this restaurant and will try it again when I visit Rockport.

Pasadena, Texas
“Good food but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

The restaurant was within walking distance and open on Monday. The staff was very helptul and very attentive. To me, the food was good, but not overly so for the cost.

New Braunfels, Texas
“May 16, 2014 a Beautiful Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

It was my husbands birthday and I handpicked this place off the web to eat at. It is so pretty inside with the many art decor and for sale as well. The service was divine, very polite and cartered to our every question. This is a very intimate experience. Beautiful lookout through the windows. Full Bar, large assortment of wine by the bottle and the glass and even milkshakes! Food is freshly prepared and well worth the whole experience. I probably wouldn't take my younger children here but old kids would be great. We had the stuffed snapper and shrimp casserole with rice & green beans. We were so full that dessert wasn't an option. We will be back!

Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Our evening at Latitude was amazing! The appetizer of lump crab, absolutely melted in your mouth.
The peach-tini with a sugar rim, was delicious.
Our shrimp entrée was excellent, with the shrimp being cooked to perfection.
We ended our meal with homemade crème brule'- the best I have ever had and fresh brewed coffee.
Our server Nancy was the best!! She made sure our glasses were always full, our empty dishes were removed from the table and she was kind and funny.
We cant wait to go back again very soon!!