“Fresh seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Latitude 28 02

Latitude 28 02
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Fresh seafood”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Service was very good and the menu varied enough to satisfy a variety taste preferences. They have a full bar and a good, but limited wine list. Food was well prepared and nicely presented The space itself is very interesting in that local artists display their works in the restaurant.

Visited December 2013

Cheshire
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Lets get this out of the way first - this is not a place to go expecting a cheap meal. However if you are looking for quality fresh cooked food with good service in an interesting location then this is for you.

We managed three courses each, all different and every dish was cooked and presented very well. The waiter was knowledgeable without being over attentive, and the quirky surroundings of an art gallery made for a different night out. So for a special occasion or to get away from the numerous average seafood restaurants all selling the same dishes, treat yourself and go here.

• Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“No go”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Food was very expensive for what you get (prebaked bread?). Waiter was strange, told us things on the menu that we should NOT order, which I didn't think was appropriate. He then forgot to bring us our drinks and when we asked for another glass of wine, he forgot again. And then again forgot our coffee so we cancelled our dessert and asked for check. The place was empty so not sure why the lack of service. Wasn't anything special for such an interesting small town.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jennifer B
TX
“Platitudes?”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

A hotel recommendation & TA reviews led me here with high hopes.

Interesting artsy decor and prompt service was a good start.

Not serving any A-B beer products began a string of disappointments. A loaf of fresh bread helped temper the brewhaha a bit.

Salad was a nice bed of mixed greens with a creamy garlic dressing on top. While the dressing itself tasted good, the chef must have used a soup ladle to serve it - it wasn't just a little dressing on top, it was the whole wardrobe. I usually order dressing on the side - I forgot - lesson learned.

Entree was blackened flounder w/ a chipotle crawfish cream sauce. Browned flounder would have been a better description. When I see blackened on the menu, I'm looking for K-Paul spice & sizzle - this had neither. Surely a sauce with chipotle will give it a kick. I was wrong. It had no more flavor than the fish. On a better note, the small side of risotto was good, as was the plate presentation.

A bit pricey for what I got - maybe I just ordered the wrong entree?

Visited October 2013
1 Thank tradi_travel
“Don't forget the cheesecake...amazing”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Saw the reviews and wanted to try some fresh fish in the area. I had the redfish with lump crab and sauce. I thought I was done but couldn't pass up dessert with a coffee. Amazing everything

• Visited September 2013