“Excellent food, good service but......”
Review of Latitude 28 02

Latitude 28 02
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We upscale with a friendly atmosphere! Family owned for 17 years. Feel free to walk around and look at the art on the walls. Our bar area opens at 4:30 and we serve Happy Hour specials 4:30-6:30 every day except Saturday.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked a reservation way in advance being a holiday weekend and told them that my wife and I were celebrating our 21st anniversary. We were seated promptly, served efficiently, enjoyed excellent food, good wine. We had a very good experience but.....
I felt we were rushed through dinner, I felt they were overbooked and trying to get people in and out as soon as possible to tke advantage of the large holiday crowd.
Furthermore not one person on the restaurant staff acknowledged our special occassion which disappointed me since I told them in advance.
However

3  Thank Yale P

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We visited with family. We had a table of five; all adults.
The waitress and assistant waitress were great. We wanted for nothing.

The main course did take quite a while to arrive. We browsed the art work in the restaurant while we were waiting.

Once the meals arrived, I was disappointed in my shrimp dish - Shrimp Stuffed with Crab Meat. It tasted very "shrimpy" (almost like SeaPak shrimp from the frozen section of the grocery store) and the shrimp was overcooked. It was as if they had cooked the shrimp (or maybe used precooked shrimp from Sysco or U. S. Foods), then stuffed it with the crab meat and cooked it again. I live in Charleston, SC and eat fresh shrimp often. I know what it should taste like.
My wife and her sister each had the Blackened Mahi. They were fairly pleased. My brother in law had the Salmon with Capers. He was not disappointed, but had low expectations (he is local and this was not his choice for dinner). My mother in law had fired shrimp and was not disappointed. Her favorite restaurant is Red Lobster and she thought this was as good.

The thing that really surprised me was the chef. From what I understand, he was not cooking this evening. He was in the dining room talking with the manager while wearing a t-shirt and a pair of stained khakis. It was strange that a high level employee would be in the pubic area of the restaurant and not be properly attired. It also surprised me that the chef would be on premise and not have some interest in what was coming out of the kitchen.

A bit pricey at ~$75 per couple.

3  Thank bciocco
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This art gallery/evening dining establishment opens at 5 in the evening and is wonderful. The service was good and the food was amazing. The little bar is cozy and a perfect place for a pre dinner cocktail. After the delicious dessert, we wandered around looking at the wonderful works of art for sale. Truly a special evening.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to view wonderful art. Nice atmosphere. Waitress got a little upset when group took a little extra time ordering. I ordered steak. When steak arrived it was presented nicely. Taste of steak was not best I have had. I love steak and would not recommend it. Not worth price for average steak. Only select types of beer. Overall group not happy.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is one of two 'fine dining' restaurants in Rockport. We had devious entrees, salads, and desserts. It is an art gallery, as well.