“Great food for the price!”
Review of Ken's Diner - CLOSED

Ken's Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Everything was good! People are very friendly! Place was kind of empty when we were there due to the Sea Fair going on in Rockport. We ate here as a family back in June of his year and liked it so much that we had to go back. Good food and value!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had lunch at Kens Diner today and ordered a "Grilled Reuben"....this was absolutely the poorest excuse for a sandwich much less a Reuben that I've ever had. The meat was not corned beef but instead some sort of very thin chopped meat of some sort...not sure of which critter it was taken and the Rye bread was not like any Rye I've tasted in my life. The Sour Kraut was anything but sour with only a slight resemblence to cabbage. A very thin piece of cheese was melted into the so-called meat but was so thin couldn't even identfy the type. The side was frys which were luke warm and certainly looked better than they tasted. "All in All" this lunch has turned me off to returning for another adventure which is a shame as I've eaten many times at Kens and found most things good. I mentioned this to the waitress and she said she would let the manager know so I suppose there could be a possibility of revising the menu; perhaps removing the "Grilled Reuben"....that I think would be the best choice for the resturant or bring in someone who actually knows what a "Reuben" is.One of the other ladies with me ordered the same thing and was very disappointed as well. She wrapped up the meat substance to take home for her doggie...I didn't do this simply as I had no idea what I would be forcing on my little innocent Cricket.

1  Thank normalea062247
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stopped in for breakfast on our way through Rockport. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing as I see there are many good reviews for this diner, but we had eggs, sausage, bacon - sausage and bacon obviously precooked and stone cold, not at all appetizing, the eggs were good and hot but greasy, The only really good part was the hot biscuit which was an extra. The coffee was fairly average too. I also used the restroom on the way out and the floors in there were filthy. We were not impressed and would not return.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Nothing special, but good. Great tasting waffles, french toast, eggs, biscuits, & coffee. :) The bacon was good, but was pre-cooked so it was not warm at all but the hot syrup was a plus.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I ate breakfast here and the food was great. The restaurant is smallish but it seems to be where the locals go. The service was very friendly and our breakfast was great. Their hash browns are delicious -- crispy and light golden brown and tender but not mushy. The pancakes were so fluffy and as big as the plate. It's not super cheap, but the food was good and the service friendly. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank HappyTourist2011