“Pelican Bay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockport
Pelican Bay Resort
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
San Antonio, Texas
“Pelican Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very nice well keep place.
Caught nice black tip and graft top from pier.
No phones in room ok, but upgrade for wifi is needed creature comfort.
Also, television station availiblity, made us go out to see NBA playoffs, at few sports bars that were open.
Good swimming pool , and jaccuzi .

Room Tip: Get wifi. And better cable tv.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family rented several units here for fathers day weekend. This place was like Mayberry. Cute cute cottages the people here where so friendly. They have a spa and swimming pool under shade trees and so pretty. Take a walk down to their private pier and do a little fishing or just relaxing. Got to meet the owner she was very nice and friendly and easy to talk with. Please come stay with them its great place.....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank grandmatexas
Rochester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at Pelican Bay Resort in Rockport/Fulton, TX this past weekend and were very surprised at how nice the place was for the price. We went for fishing and they have a nice fishing pier just behind the property. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. We really enjoyed the weekend there.

The only cons were they do not keep the pool clean and the internet is nonexistent unless you're outside close to the modem.

Room Tip: The garden mini suites were very comfortable and roomy. They had a mini fridge and a microwave. I...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank vikesfan53
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Just loved our little blue cottage !! What a deal !! Everything you need is furnished !! The cottages are keep very clean!! We enjoyed being able after a long days fishing to come in relax and eat a nice supper !! The grounds are made that everyone has their won space ! Would love to stay again just a lot longer then a week !!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Butterflycook
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed here with my hubby and his sister and was very pleased with the size of our garden suite! It smelled nice and clean and was right behind the pool area. I will say that the room needed significant updating in just about every aspect, it was all very dated. The pool area needed some attention as well(lots of leaves and tree stuff had blown in), I actually opted to skip that part of the resort. I really enjoyed the resort's fishing pier! A nice little walk through pretty tropical plants will take you down to the bay, where the HUGE pier is located. Absolutely beautiful views and a nice quiet getaway! Try not to arrive too late if you are staying in a garden suite, there is limited parking. All in all, I'd say I'm glad I had a groupon, I won't be rushing back, but it was a nice stay. Hopefully they will be updating soon!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Micheley335
New Braunfels, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

The cottages at Pelican Bay Resort were so cute and so clean. The furniture is a little outdates and worn but not bothersome at all. The staff was so friendly and courteous. The squirrels were very tame and ate right out of your hand (lots of squirrels). We spent one evening in the hot tub which was very cozy. The pool was still a little too cold to swim in. I would high recommend visiting Pelican Bay if you would like a little cottage of your own. Each one is a different color, has it's own parking spot and rocking chairs on the porch. I have reserved the Villa in September for a retreat for my friends and looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: I would think any room would be great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Linda K
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We make an annual trip to Rockport to visit family every April, and have stayed at the Pelican Bay Resort for the last two trips. The cottages are very cozy. My husband and I sleep on the full bed in the bedroom and my kids enjoy sleeping on the pullout sofa in the living room. The rooms are kept moderately clean, but could definately use some updating. The wallpaper in the bathrooms in one of the cottages was peeling, and the dishes in the kitchen feel like they have a layer of dust or dirt on them. We usually stick everything in the dishwasher and run a load right when we arrive to ensure they're clean. My advice if you're using the pullout sofa is to bring your own linens. The linens for the sofa are very cheap and feel dingy. We usually bring our own pillows no matter where we stay, but this April, we will be bringing our kids their own blankets as well. As some others have mentioned, parking is a little cramped, and there is little to no cellular service in the area. My kids enjoy the short walk down to the pier, and although we have never fished from the area, I am told you need a license to fish. Overall, we are satisfied with our annual stay at Pelican Bay. It is not as upscale and fancy as some of the other places we have stayed, but it is a great little cabin at a great price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MrsKappi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
#1 of 4 in Fulton
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#16 of 20 in Rockport

Been to Pelican Bay Resort? Share your experiences!