“Pros & Cons”

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This is probably the nicest hotel in town. That being said, I have mixed feelings about it. Pros: 1. Great view of the bay and rooms have little patios that either face the bay or the pool. Both are really great views. We had a pool view and it was very nice. 2. The staff are very accommodating. I called a couple of times to report some issues and they were very responsive. 3. The daily buffet breakfast is very good and great if you have small kids. Definitely saves you $. Cons: 1. The hotel is kind of dated, which is not a big thing really. 2. Cleanliness -- Upon arrival, our tub had hair in it. A maid came to clean it and afterward there were still some hairs left. 3. The floors were never vacummed and I don't think the water glasses were ever really cleaned or changed out with new ones. Overall I would stay again but just beware if you are a clean freak like me.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay. It was very relaxing. The hotels was very nice.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

This is a great place to get away from the Interstate and routine hotel chains. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. I recommend a bay view room for evening breezes and morning sunrise. Very relaxing to sit in a rocker next to the perfect lawn and watch the pelicans feed. Downtown Fulton is right next door with lots of shops and restaurants. The provided breakfast was more than adequate. My wife was dazzled.

There were only 2 minor things that disappointed me: the coffee is weak; the wireless internet was very slow. The biggest disappointment occurred at checkout. The person at the front desk did not ask me how my stay was or thank me for my business. I was shocked. I stay in hotels 180 nights per year. I expect a thank you, even at a $79 hotel. I didn't get one, and paid twice as much.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This is a very nice Victorian's Style Hotel. Everything were clean and the service awesome. One of the best leisure places I've stay and will stay again of course. Rockport/Fulton is the best option to stay in the Corpus Christi area for Leisure or fishing. The Blue Wave Beach is about 2 miles away and is great for family and small children. The area has palapas and grills. The beach is very shallow and with very small waves. There are also some places to visit as the Fulton Mansion and the Marine Museum.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

We have been staying at this hotel for since it opened! Great location on the water and an awesome comp hot breakfast! A great location for a party or small wedding reception! I through my mom's 80th in the 3rd floor party room! It was fabulous and looked elegant with to the floor gold satin table clothes with cranberry organza over lays on all the tables! Trudy, Brian and Judy are fabulous!!

Reviewed August 15, 2010

I first must say, that we were only able to stay for one night and I wish that we had been able to stay longer. My in-laws stayed in the King Suite, beautiful, clean and spacious. My family of 4 stayed in the 2 Queen, Standard room. Clean for the most part. We did ask for a portable crib for my 2 year old. They did bring it, but it was small and better suited for an infant. My in-laws did find a used pool towel in their room, our mini-fridge reeked of fish. Other than those few things, it was a wonderful hotel, better value than any other chain hotel. Breakfast was also good and fulfilling. Very well worth the money that we paid. Definitely will stay again.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Lighthouse Inn in Rockport and it exceeded our expectations. The views from the patio were awesome. He loved fishing at night off of the lighted piers. I enjoyed sitting in the rocking chair out by the water while he fished, the breeze was wonderful. The pool area was exceptionally clean and the landscaping is well groomed. We took the Sunset Cruise from the mariana next to the hotel which was awesome. We highly recommend this hotel! We will return here in the future!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
#1 of 4 in Fulton
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#16 of 20 in Rockport

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!